Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Pink Floyd Removes Music from Streaming Services In Russia & Belarus (Read 1494 times) previous topic - next topic

Pink Floyd Removes Music from Streaming Services In Russia & Belarus

Pink Floyd has announced it has removed its music from streaming service providers in Russia and Belarus.

The band issued a statement about the removal on its official Twitter page. “To stand with the world in strongly condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the works of Pink Floyd, from 1987 onwards, and all of David Gilmour’s solo recordings are being removed from all digital music providers in Russia and Belarus from today,” the statement reads.

Former Pink Floyd bass guitarist Roger Waters also posted an open letter on his Facebook page. The letter is in response to a Ukrainian fan who asked the singer-songwriter to speak on the Russian invasion of her country. “Dear Alina, I read your letter, I feel your pain, I am disgusted by Putin’s invasion of Ukraine,” the letter by Waters begins.

“I feel for you Alina, and your Mum and Dad and your uncles and aunts and brothers and sister and cousins, I lost both my father Eric Fletcher Waters and my grandfather George Henry Waters in wars fighting the Germans.”

“I will do anything I can to help effect the end of this awful war in your country, anything that is except wave a flag to encourage the slaughter,” Waters continues. You can read his full open letter to the 19-year-old Ukrainian Alina here.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2022/03/14/pink-floyd-music-russia-belarus-removed/
EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack