Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to calculate and display total size of an album? (Read 2081 times) previous topic - next topic

How to calculate and display total size of an album?

Hello!
Is there any way to calculate total size (filesize) of an album (group, multiple tracks) and display it as info in the title? I'm using ELplaylist.
Thank you!

Re: How to calculate and display total size of an album?

Reply #1
I don't think Elplaylist has that option. Looking at the elplaylist wiki the only grouping info syntax available is group count (%el_item_count%) and sum length (%el_sum_length%). There's no %el_sum_filesize%.

Reply #2
Thank you for replay, jazzthieve!
Yes, this is what I found. I hoped there might be an alternative.

Reply #3
Hello!
Is there any way to calculate total size (filesize) of an album (group, multiple tracks) and display it as info in the title? I'm using ELplaylist.
Thank you!
Not with ELplaylist but with playlist switcher you can do!

Here you go:

1. Your request
File - Preferences - Playlist switcher - General - window below - erase all and copy - paste these settings:
%title% - $div(%filesize%,1048576).$num($muldiv($mod(%filesize%,1048576),100,1048576),2) MB
Apply.

2. Advanced settings
File - Preferences - Playlist switcher - General - window below - erase all and copy - paste these settings:
$if(%is_playing%,'NOW PLAYING PLAYLIST >>> ' $if(%is_active%,,$rgb(255,255,5)))%title%$tab()TRACKS TOTAL - %size%$tab()PLAYLIST TOTAL TIME - %length%$tab()TOTAL SIZE - $div(%filesize%,1048576).$num($muldiv($mod(%filesize%,1048576),100,1048576),2) MB
Apply.

You can see with these settings:
1. Highlight active playlist
2. Show you sum of all tracks in active playlist
3. Show you total length of all track in active playlist
4. Show you total filesize of all tracks in active playlist

Reply #4
i will notice you:
1. %filesize% = show you file size in kilobytes
2. $div(%filesize%,1048576).$num($muldiv($mod(%filesize%,1048576),100,1048576),2) MB - show you size in megabytes

Reply #5
Thank you, Simon_ Thunder, for the detailed answer!

I already have this setting in my Playlist Switcher. I was looking for a way to calculate the total size of an album, not of a playlist. In a playlist i may have multiple albums...

Anyway, I appreciate your effort!