Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ID3 in FLAC (Read 5878 times) previous topic - next topic

ID3 in FLAC

As strange a request for help this may seem, I will proceed all the same.

I have this smart phone, a Samsung Galaxy S, which purportedly supported FLAC, but while it plays FLAC normally, it cannot read the tags. Naturally, I have contacted Samsung regarding the issue, but I get the impression that it's not a problem they are going to be able to solve anytime soon, so I'm looking for a temporary work-around. Without actually knowing whether it will work, or not, I am hoping to duplicate the existing (native) FLAC tags to an ID3 tag inside the same FLAC files? Is this possible? If so, what tool can do this? I currently use Mp3tag and f2k for all my tagging. At the end of the day, whatever media files go onto the phone are only a copy, so I don't mind screwing around with them at all (so long as it isn't destructive to the audio!).

Thanks, in anticipation of any help.

PS. Even if you don't know, perhaps you may be able to point out something, or someone, that might be able to help. Cheerio.

ID3 in FLAC

Reply #1
You should be able to copy the Vorbis tags as ID3v2 using mp3tag or similar and yes it's possible to have both sets of tags.

It's unfortunate but even a lot of media streamers only support ID3 tags in FLAC

ID3 in FLAC

Reply #2
You should be able to copy the Vorbis tags as ID3v2 using mp3tag or similar and yes it's possible to have both sets of tags.

It's unfortunate but even a lot of media streamers only support ID3 tags in FLAC

Thanks for your input.

Anybody have any idea how this could be done in Mp3tag? Mp3tag forums are currently closed as the admin staff are all on holiday.

ID3 in FLAC

Reply #3
Under Options, then Tags there's an entry for Ape, Mpc etc. I think if you tick write ID3v1 it'll do it. It doesn't have an option for ID3v2 though.

ID3 in FLAC

Reply #6
I also have a Samsung Galaxy S, and I have the same issue. It only shows the file name, not any of the tags I have made for it.