Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: --alt fast standard frequency range (Read 2987 times) previous topic - next topic

--alt fast standard frequency range

For personal reasons I want to include the entire "audible" frequency range 20-20khz by using the following preset:

--alt-preset fast standard --lowpass 20.0 -F

I know I can't hear 20khz, but I am anal. I like the file size of this preset, but I prefer not to cut off the high end. (I use the -F because my Apex DVD/MP3 player gets upset if the bitrate drops too low.)

Other than the obvious extra bits needed, and thus slightly larger file size, are there any other drawbacks.

Will I be increasing the chance of artifacts by extending the frequency range at this setting.

Thanks,

Brett

--alt fast standard frequency range

Reply #1
There shouldn't be any drawbacks, of course there could be problems in princible because mp3 is limited to 320kbps frames (if bits run out), but this would be a really rare case. Not sure if anyone has ABXed this effect.
Juha Laaksonheimo