Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Joining WAVs... (Read 3683 times) previous topic - next topic

Joining WAVs...

Hi,

I have two large WAV files I want to gaplessly join.

Will "copy /b file01.wav+file02.wav new.wav" from the command line create a clean WAV file? Or will be corrupt in the middle?

Joining WAVs...

Reply #1
I don't think that'll work.
Download a free audio editor (such as the one in EAC, the one in Feurio, or Audacity) and use it to do the job.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Joining WAVs...

Reply #2
I'm pretty certain it will be corrupt in the middle because of the header info.

Any audio tool (cox, fb2k, even the sound recorder that came with the OS) will do it for you.

Joining WAVs...

Reply #3
Ya, that copy /b didn't work.

I can't find the join feature in fb2k, EAC won't accept the 48kHz input. And the 700MB wavs are way too big for Sound Recorder to handle (it takes an age anyway).

How can I do this with BeSweet or fb2k?

Joining WAVs...

Reply #4
Try Audacity.
It's Open Source.

It can also downsample your files to 44.1kHz  (what do you need 48kHz for, anyway?)
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Joining WAVs...

Reply #6
Sox will do the job nicely. Look at sox.sf.net. It's a great tool, is very easy to use and can handle huge files even on systems with little memory.

Joining WAVs...

Reply #7
Hi,

I have two large WAV files I want to gaplessly join.

Will "copy /b file01.wav+file02.wav new.wav" from the command line create a clean WAV file? Or will be corrupt in the middle?

Like you found out copy /b copied with the headers.

If you want to join your files that way you'll have to save them both in a RAW format. But since that will require using a sound editor to do that (or a converter) you may be luckier using one to join you files.