Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Manager-SMP (Read 51501 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Manager-SMP

Reply #250
A different thing: How do I convince the script that I have Segoe UI installed? I have segoeui.ttf in .../windows/Fonts, but it still complains.
Read this:
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/wiki/Wine

There are users who are more capable on that topic than me though. But maybe that helps.

If there is additional feedback, I will update all wikis and readmes as needed. (also check the readme PDF)

- A folder structure tree-view that is based on the actual folder structure of the playlist folder.
Not sure yet if I will add a tree-view or just categories by folder. But something along these lines may come in the future.

- A way to order playlists manually, using an index property or such.
Even if this seems trivial, it's not due to supporting physical playlist files. Adding an index tag at the playlist would mean having to rewrite them all whenever a playlist is added, removed or order changed.

Have in mind my manager works like the foobar album manager. You can not manually sort that. I may add an additional layer to store those indexes outside the actual playlists files; but in such case order would be limited to your individual installation (can not move the playlist to other instance and preserver the order).

There is also a possibility I will only support some of these features on UI-only playlists, in a "simple mode", meant to replace foo_plorg.
The "By date" sorting scheme is based on the modified date. For some purposes, creation date would make more sense.
That one is trivial to implement, just done it in 5 min. I will also look into implementing it for UI-only playlists, storing the date internally.

Reply #251
A different thing: How do I convince the script that I have Segoe UI installed? I have segoeui.ttf in .../windows/Fonts, but it still complains.

Try to put the font in the user directory "/home/user/.local/share/fonts". Create one if not there and rebuild font cache "fc-cache -f -v"

You can also use "/usr/share/fonts" if you want to make it available for all users.

Reply #252
Read this:
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/wiki/Wine

There are users who are more capable on that topic than me though. But maybe that helps.

If there is additional feedback, I will update all wikis and readmes as needed. (also check the readme PDF)
The suggestions from the wiki didn't help unfortunately. Also the link to the SMP Wine page is dead. Maybe this should be linked instead: https://theqwertiest.github.io/foo_spider_monkey_panel/docs/faq/wine/

The only thing that worked in the end was manually adding the following registry entries:

Code: [Select]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"Segoe UI (TrueType)"="C:\\windows\\Fonts\\segoeui.ttf"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"Segoe UI (TrueType)"="C:\\windows\\Fonts\\segoeui.ttf"

Of course the paths need to point to a file that actually exists. In a standard wine prefix, these files don't exist, so they'll have to be added manually. Alternatively, one could use a wine-readable path to any other font file on the system, of course.

Try to put the font in the user directory "/home/user/.local/share/fonts". Create one if not there and rebuild font cache "fc-cache -f -v"

You can also use "/usr/share/fonts" if you want to make it available for all users.
Adding the file isn't enough, there needs to be a registry entry.

- A way to order playlists manually, using an index property or such.
Even if this seems trivial, it's not due to supporting physical playlist files. Adding an index tag at the playlist would mean having to rewrite them all whenever a playlist is added, removed or order changed.

Have in mind my manager works like the foobar album manager. You can not manually sort that. I may add an additional layer to store those indexes outside the actual playlists files; but in such case order would be limited to your individual installation (can not move the playlist to other instance and preserver the order).
Yeah, that did cross my mind. An external file would probably be the best solution. Perhaps it would be helpful to add a unique ID to each playlist file which can be referenced by the index file, so it doesn't depend on filenames.

The "By date" sorting scheme is based on the modified date. For some purposes, creation date would make more sense.
That one is trivial to implement, just done it in 5 min. I will also look into implementing it for UI-only playlists, storing the date internally.
Awesome.

Reply #253
Yeah, that did cross my mind. An external file would probably be the best solution. Perhaps it would be helpful to add a unique ID to each playlist file which can be referenced by the index file, so it doesn't depend on filenames.

Awesome.
That doesn't help at all. Foobar had no unique ids for playlist and SMP has not exposed a way to associate a playlist to an id. So the only way to track a playlist is by name. It's not my design choice.

PD: updated the wiki and added these new things. @paregistrase looking forward to your comments about the reg edits too

Reply #254
What I had in mind was just putting a random string, plus maybe the current unix timestamp to rule out duplicates, in the header of the playlist file like "#ID:hg9d.1685133336".

Reply #255
As said, that brings nothing useful. You still can not link that unique playlist to a playlist within foobar; as soon as there are 2 playlists named "My playlist" on UI, there is no way to differentiate them (unless you also add the id to the name in the UI). I obviously know I can do it in JS, the problem is the UI part. And the manager will throw you a popup about not supporting duplicates for this reason.

I already solved that with invisible chars long time ago, but that's a hack.Read the pdf (10.7 Playlist binding). It needs a new SMP version.

Reply #256

Adding the file isn't enough, there needs to be a registry entry.

There's no need to extra steps to make the font available in WINE. Simply put it in the font folder (user or system wide) and after rebuild the cache or reboot there will be available in WINE.

The registry is only necessary to make the font fallbacks

Reply #257
rebuild the cache or reboot there will be available in WINE.

Fair enough, idk how but I missed the "rebuilding the cache" part.

As said, that brings nothing useful. You still can not link that unique playlist to a playlist within foobar; as soon as there are 2 playlists named "My playlist" on UI, there is no way to differentiate them (unless you also add the id to the name in the UI). I obviously know I can do it in JS, the problem is the UI part. And the manager will throw you a popup about not supporting duplicates for this reason.

I'm probably being dense, but we are still talking about sorting methods, right? So you're saying SMP supports stuff like sorting playlists by tags parsed from the header, but not parsing an ID from the header and then looking up that ID in another file to get an index value, and then sorting by that index value?

Reply #258
rebuild the cache or reboot there will be available in WINE.

Fair enough, idk how but I missed the "rebuilding the cache" part.

I'm probably being dense, but we are still talking about sorting methods, right? So you're saying SMP supports stuff like sorting playlists by tags parsed from the header, but not parsing an ID from the header and then looking up that ID in another file to get an index value, and then sorting by that index value?
I already told you from the beginning I know how to link an index to a playlist file. The index MUST be changed everytime a playlist is deleted, added or moved. Obviously I can add an unique id to a playlist file, but that brings zero improvements. Playlists MUST be unique by design, since there can not be two playlist with the same name in foobar (or I cant track them anymore).

Since the manager tracks not only playlist files, but also UI-only playlists, your UUID idea doesn't work. If I have two playlists named "my playlist", which one is "1" and which one is "2"? And if I swap them? If I rename one of them, which one should I rename, 1 or 2?

There is no physical file with a tag. You are supposing all playlists work the same, and that's not true. I may add arbitrary things to physical playlists, I can not do so with UI-only ones.

Reply #259
Honestly I wasn't even thinking about UI-only playlists at all since I find the physical playlists so much more convenient to work with. I can totally see how mixing the two types of playlists in the UI complicates things tho.

Reply #260
Honestly I wasn't even thinking about UI-only playlists at all since I find the physical playlists so much more convenient to work with. I can totally see how mixing the two types of playlists in the UI complicates things tho.
Even if you don't consider them, as soon as you load the playlist file into UI, it requires to be tracked by name (to be able to update changes within the UI into the file).

A SMP update could solve it. JSP added methods for that some time ago for ex.

Reply #261
Is there a way to make drag & drop behave more like in the standard playlist manager where when you drag tracks from one playlist to another one, they get copied rather than moved?

Reply #263
Quick question: Why are right click actions restricted to the action button and filter buttons? The documentation says that right click also works on "list" (meaning the list of playlists?), but that doesn't seem to work for me, and nothing happens when I right click anywhere on the list.

I'm used to right click opening context menus (that's the behavior in the rest of Foobar anyway), so having that on left click instead for playlists seems a bit counterintuitive and is hard to get used to. I assume there must be a technical reason for it?

Oh, also the double click timeframe seems a bit short to me (i.e. it requires a very fast doubleclick) - is there some way to make it longer? Like, a number I can increase somewhere in the scripts?

Reply #264
Quick question: Why are right click actions restricted to the action button and filter buttons? The documentation says that right click also works on "list" (meaning the list of playlists?), but that doesn't seem to work for me, and nothing happens when I right click anywhere on the list.
Docs also explain that specific mouse shortcuts only work whenever there is not a button doing the same action. Section 27.5. I have to agree there is no note about it at 24, which may be confusing.

There is no point on enabling the settings menu by r. Clicking on all buttons, when there is a specific button for it. You are asking for too much complexity there and the tooltips are pretty clear about the available actions.

I'm used to right click opening context menus (that's the behavior in the rest of Foobar anyway), so having that on left click instead for playlists seems a bit counterintuitive and is hard to get used to. I assume there must be a technical reason for it?
Then just assign current L. click action to something else (?).

If I allow r. click customization then I also have to check if there is a button to open the same menu, which is simply too complex since I also allow buttons customization. I plan to do that at some point, but it has zero priority for me.  All actions are configurable. And you don't select playlists like tracks in a library, so you can simply set the l click action to show playlist and done.

Oh, also the double click timeframe seems a bit short to me (i.e. it requires a very fast doubleclick) - is there some way to make it longer? Like, a number I can increase somewhere in the scripts?
Latest commit.

Reply #265
My explanation of my issue was too roundabout and confusing. My only real problem is that left click opens the playlist context menu instead of right click. I don't think that can currently be changed? Neither Single left click (on playlists) nor individual playlist context menu nor right click actions seem to be re-assignable.

Latest commit.
👍

Reply #266
You are right, I missed Single L. Click is not configurable. As said it was on my todo list, and it didn't took me so much time so check in a few hours. Added full L. Click and R. Click customization, and now Contextual playlist menu defaults to R. Click.
I'm also thinking about adding the native playlist items contextual submenu to Shift + R. Click.

Reply #267
Neat, thanks.

Reply #268
Should be online now. Don't forget to restore default values first.

Reply #269
I'm now working on expanding ListenBrainz integration (latest commits allow directly exporting playlists to Spotify  :)) ) and polishing the UI.

Drag n drop will now show a tooltip to indicate the current action (according to position and Ctrl/Alt being pressed):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This should make much easier to understand what's going on.
Note how a new playlist can be created by dropping on blank space, the + button or pressing alt.
Dropping on the search box, will filter playlists containing the tracks.

Also added some common win shortcuts for files:
  • F2: rename playlist.
  • F3: Clone in UI (to view).
  • F4: Load playlist (to edit)
  • F5: Clone playlist. Auto-Playlists and Smart Playlists will maintain their format. (copy)
  • F7: Add new empty playlist. (new)

These will NOT be configurable (contrary to mouse shortcuts). But I can add a global switch to enable/disable them. I'm open to suggestions about F1, F6, F8 (delete?), ... or tweaking the existing ones.

Reply #270
Finally used these:
- F1: Lock/unlock playlist file or UI-only playlist.
- F2: Rename highlighted playlist.
- F3: Clone in UI highlighted playlist.
- F4: Load/show highlighted playlist
- F5: Copy highlighted playlist. Maintains original format.
- F6: Export playlist to ListenBrainz (+Spotify).
- F7: Add new (empty) playlist.
- F8: Delete highlighted playlist

Reply #271
Also:
- F9: Filter/Search playlists with selected tracks.
- F10: Open settings menu or List menu (+Shift) (for usage without mouse/buttons).
- F11: Open help.
- F12: Open playlists folder.

Reply #272
Header buttons are now highlighted in some situations:
- Filter button (x): when any filter is active.
And animation:
- Settings button: when library changes have not been cached (useful in case the tracking has been stopped on purpose).
- Folder button: when tracked folder contains changes and manager has not been updated (useful when auto-loading is disabled).

Reply #273
Added fully configurable columns (width, size, color, metadata, ...) , which can be globally hidden/shown pressing 'º', '\' or 'Numpad /':
(UI glitches are due to gif compression)
This replaces the feature to show size on parenthesis (both are available now) and offers more customization.

Reply #274
Now added lock, track tags and ListenBrainz sync as columns. Pics with different settings:

Note the lock column may replace the usage of playlist icons if there is no need to differentiate playlists by format (also the colors -which are configurable- may help with that).