Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lyrics and CUE files? (Read 3606 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyrics and CUE files?

A friend gave me his ripped file of an album. Unlike me, where all my rips are individual songs, he gave me a single .flac file for the entire album, along with an accompanying .cue file.

I don't have any experience of .cue files in Foobar but added the two files to the library and was quite pleased to see all the individual tracks in the album appear to me as separate tracks.

I like to add lyrics to my files though, and this doesn't seem to work. I have several components in Foobar that allow me to import lyrics into the tracks - all of them show the appropriate lyrics but then these fail to actually be embedded within the song.

Can you actually have lyrics attached to individual tracks if you have one long .flac file and an accompanying .cue file? If not, is there any way I can break up my long .flac file into it's component tracks and have one .flac file per song?

Thanks,

Dave M

Lyrics and CUE files?

Reply #1
Can you actually have lyrics attached to individual tracks if you have one long .flac file and an accompanying .cue file?

No, I don't think so.

If not, is there any way I can break up my long .flac file into it's component tracks and have one .flac file per song?

Yes. After loading the cue sheet into a foobar playlist just select the tracks and convert them to indvidual files

That's the short answer, you can check the wiki if you need more.

Lyrics and CUE files?

Reply #2
Tx.

Well I eventually got it to work but not without difficulty.

For info once I opened the flac file from my friend in foobar I had both the individual tracks with their appropriate song titles (e.g. All along the watchtower) as well as a second listing appearing in fb2k with all 16 tracks just showing as Electric Ladyland.

For some reason when I selected the song tracks visible with the track name (e.g. Watchtower as opposed to Ladyland) in fb2k and right clicked/Convert to.. etc the conversion to individual flac files reported a corrupted file and indicated encoding could not be finalized. I did have the flax.exe file on my system.

I was about ready to give up when I tried by selecting the 16 tracks visible in foobar as 1 Ladyland 2 Ladyland etc. and when I selected these 16 and did the same steps as above it converted all of them fine. The pain was I had to then go and manually retag them with their correct track names as the output flac files were simply labelled 1 Ladyland, 2 Ladyland etc...

Anyone have an idea on if and/or how I can get the convert function working better? I did look up the fb2k wiki and unless I am missing something it gave no discussion of this.

Best,

Dave M

Lyrics and CUE files?

Reply #3
Okay, like me it's just going to take you a little time and practice to get familiar working with Image and cue files. Take your time.
It doesn't sound like the converter had any problems. I sounds more like, more then just the cue sheet was loaded into foobar's playlist or maybe the cue file needs some cleaning up. Also, foobar is able to get the album tag info saving you the time and pain from having to do it manually.