Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: %album artist% just shows artist, not album artist (Read 2681 times) previous topic - next topic

%album artist% just shows artist, not album artist

I am trying to sort my various artist folder by Album Artist. They should all be Album Artist, but some don't have a value and some have other values. I want to sort them by album artist, so I created a header for the %album artist% tag, but all it shows is artist, not album artist. Am I doing something wrong or is this foobar?

Reply #1
so I created a header for the %album artist% tag

what do you mean by this?

all tracks belonging to the same album should be tagged with a common %album artist% like Various Artists or it could be a DJ name for a mix compilation.

an example: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...um%20artist.png

Reply #2
so I created a header for the %album artist% tag

what do you mean by this?

all tracks belonging to the same album should be tagged with a common %album artist% like Various Artists or it could be a DJ name for a mix compilation.

an example: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...um%20artist.png

I am aware of this, and its in fact what I am trying to fix, since not all of my Various Artist albums have album artist as Various Artist. In many, album artist is just blank.

I am talking about sorting them in foobar. I created a header for the %album artist% tag, so that I can sort them, by album artist, however all that is showing up in that column in foobar is the artist field, not album artist.

ie.

Artist_________________Album_______________Track_________Album Artist

King Midas Sound_______5 Years of Hyperdub____Meltdown_____King Midas Sound

In the above example "King Midas Sound" sound is showing int the album artist column. When you check album artist, there is no value, so it should be blank

Reply #3
From Title Formatting Syntax Reference:
Checks following metadata fields, in this order: “album artist”, “artist”, “composer”, “performer”.

Use $meta(album artist).

Reply #4
ah right, you mean column header.

also, the behaviour you're seeing is expected...

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...album_artist.25

Checks following metadata fields, in this order: "album artist", "artist", "composer", "performer".

you can get around this by using $meta(album artist) which will only display the contents of that tag.