Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What are you listening to right now ? ... (Read 391862 times) previous topic - next topic

What are you listening to right now ? ...

Reply #2900
Everyone's gone to a lot of trouble so we can play music on our PCs.  Let's not let it go to waste....

Right now I'm listening to ...

Meddle - 01 - Pink Floyd - One of These Days (I'm Going to Cut You into Little Pieces).ogg

Love that album...I'm listening to the Equatorial Stars by Robert Fripp & Brian Eno...
Are you allowed to post video clips on this forum?

I'm winding down from a HOT day at work.  Sooo I'm drinking an ice cold Rolling Rock
Looking through Forum trying to learn something new, and melloing out to the sounds of Robin Trower...Bridge Of Sighs.mpc

I love For Earth Below by Trower one of the best albums ever..

Jon~

Reply #2901
Everyone's gone to a lot of trouble so we can play music on our PCs.  Let's not let it go to waste....

Right now I'm listening to ...

Meddle - 01 - Pink Floyd - One of These Days (I'm Going to Cut You into Little Pieces).ogg

Jethro Tull - "War Child" album
Moody Blues - "On The Threshold of A Dream" album
Stevie Wonder - "Songs In The Key of Life" album

and a playlist containing, among others:

38 Special - Caught up in You
Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
Pet Shop Boys - Left to My Own Devices
Duran Duran - Save A Prayer
Eagles - Already Gone
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
Cornelius Brother & Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now

Reply #2902
Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Live at Wembley 1974) [Immersion Box Set]

Reply #2904
Gil Scott-Heron - Pieces Of A Man / 03 - Lady Day And John Coltrane

Reply #2905
/me is playing: Tay Zonday - Chocolate Rain || MP3 | 44100 Hz | stereo | 1:33 / 4:52

Reply #2906
The Soviettes's "Rarities" album.

Reply #2908
Radiohead - OK Computer - Paranoid Android

After listening the whole day to the OK Computer CD, I really don't know why I missed this great album when it was first released. My favorite songs are: Subterranean Homesick Alien, No Surprises and The Tourist.

Lately I watched the Whip It movie --- which has some interesting soundtrack btw --- there No Surprises from Radiohead stood out.

Reply #2909
Just heard last week about the remixed version of "Vapor Trails" being released on Oct 1st (funny how that works) so I snagged it and it's definitely more listenable than the original blasted "perfect example of the Loudness War right up there with Metallica's "Death Magnetic" fiasco" definitely. The remix is subtle at times but in some songs (the radio hits, I suppose) it's very noticeable with major changes to not only the levels but the soundstage as well.

I suppose after a few dozen listens I won't even notice anymore...
The difference between genius and stupidity?

Genius has limits.

Reply #2910
Just heard last week about the remixed version of "Vapor Trails" being released on Oct 1st (funny how that works) so I snagged it and it's definitely more listenable than the original blasted "perfect example of the Loudness War right up there with Metallica's "Death Magnetic" fiasco" definitely. The remix is subtle at times but in some songs (the radio hits, I suppose) it's very noticeable with major changes to not only the levels but the soundstage as well.

I suppose after a few dozen listens I won't even notice anymore...

Indeed... it is better.  Not perfect, mind you.  But definitely better.  Just listen to the first 10 seconds of "One Little Victory" on headphones, and compare the old version to the new version.  Old version the drums sound mono compared to the new version.  Bass guitar is definitely more discernible, and the kick drum is much tighter, and punchier.  I realize those are not DBLT verifiable terms, but I think anyone that compares the two will agree with that description.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Reply #2911
Cut Chemist featuring Hymnal - What's The Attitude

Reply #2912
Dave Matthews Band - Rapunzel

Reply #2913
a stream of Parliament Question time.

Reply #2914
supercell - ZIGAEXPERIENTIA

Reply #2915
Hank Mobley ''Soul Station''

The most groovin' album ever made!

Soul Station full album You Tube

Often overlooked, perhaps because he wasn't a great innovator in jazz but merely a stellar performer, tenor saxophonist Hank Mobley was at the peak of his powers on Soul Station. Recorded with a superstar quartet including Art Blakey on drums, Paul Chambers on bass, and Wynton Kelly on piano, it was the first album since Mobley's 1955 debut to feature him as a leader without any other accompanying horns. The clean, uncomplicated sound that resulted from that grouping helps make it the best among his albums and a peak moment during a particularly strong period in his career. Mobley has no problem running the show here, and he does it without being flashy or burying the strong work of his sidemen. The solidness of his technique means that he can handle material that is occasionally rhythmically intricate, while still maintaining the kind of easy roundness and warmth displayed by the best players of the swing era. Two carefully chosen standards, "Remember" and "If I Should Lose You," help to reinforce that impression by casting an eye back to the classic jazz era. They bookend four Mobley originals that, in contrast, reflect the best of small-group composition with their lightness and tight dynamics. Overall, this is a stellar set from one of the more underrated musicians of the bop era. Review by Stacia Proefrock

Reply #2916

Review by Scott Yanow
Tenor saxophonist Stan Getz found a perfect accompanist in pianist Kenny Barron, who would regularly play in his group for his last five years. This out-of-print Black Hawk LP finds the pair, along with bassist George Mraz and drummer Victor Lewis, performing two standards and four more recent pieces, including two ("Dreams" and "Voyage") by Barron. The music is difficult to classify (modern bop?) but relatively easy to understand; Getz never coasts.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowHSx8CXgg[/iurl]

Reply #2917
John Coltrane;Blue Train

Reply #2918
Bill Charlap is at Village Vanguard this week keeping up the tradition.
Live he sounds even better.

Reply #2919
Bill Charlap 3 is at the Village Vanguard in NYC this week, highly recommended.

Reply #2920

But running it trough my DAC.

Reply #2921
^^^ I'm listening to "Your Love" by the Prodigy right now. It has an amazing breakdown.

Reply #2922
For the last 24 hours in heavy rotation and still going: THE VERVE - Remixed Christmas

Reply #2923
Get Lucky by Mark Knopfler

Reply #2924
Piece of Meat by Vestal Claret.

It's been a while since my last post. 
Gur svggrfg funyy fheivir lrg gur hasvg znl yvir. Jr zhfg ercrng.