Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_xgeq (Read 253063 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #200
^ Hi there @thekingofmars ,

You could have saved yourself some time by reading the thread, or even a few posts above - as mentioned there is no UI element, unfortunately. The component is added to the DSP chain (File menu > Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager).

Cheers :)

Reply #201
When I use the integrated EQ:
Move the Bar up --> Plus db --> increase the chosen frequenz --> more bass for example
Move the Bar down --> Minus db --> decrease the chosen frequenz

When I use this more detailed plug-in Graphic EQ:
Move the Bar up --> Plus db --> decrease the chosen frequenz --> less bass for example
Move the Bar down -->Minus db --> increase the chosen frequenz

Plus and Minus interchanged?

Reply #202
Definitely not seeing that here, works as expected.  Move higher freq silders down, less higher freqs.

Reply #203
Please allow me to post by machine translation

I am trying to output the equalizer settings for this plug-in at AutoEQ (https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq)
The frequency list is
--fc 20, 25, 31.25, 40, 50, 62.5, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 315, 400, 500, 630, 800, 1000, 1250, 1600, 2000, 2500, 3150, 4000, 5000, 6300, 8000, 10000, 12500, 16000, 20000
or
--fc 19.69, 24.8, 31.25, 39.37, 49.6, 62.5, 78.75, 99.21, 125, 157.49, 198.43, 250, 314.98, 396.85, 500, 629.96, 793.7, 1000, 1259.92, 1587.4, 2000, 2519.84, 3174.8, 4000, 5039.68, 6349.6, 8000, 10079.37, 12699.21, 16000, 20158.74
which one is correct

Reply #204
What does the Auto button do?  When checked, it seems to invert the slider (up means it cuts the band).  Reset returns the Auto button to selected.

Reply #205
A "bypass" button would be great.

Reply #206
I have a very odd issue with this plugin; I've been using it for a few years to account for SSHL in my right ear. I don't know how long it has been doing this...

Some time ago I noticed the slider for 400Hz Left was up; thinking I must have nudged it I zeroed it. Today I went to adjust things again and that slider was at +3.1dB. I zeroed it... closed the preferences window and opened it again... the slider was at 4.1dB.

This repeated over and over, with seeming random settings between about 2.5dB and 4dB every time I looked.

I've tried everything I can think of: exported the settings (with it zeroed) and reimported, made sure to click 'Apply' on the FB2K's Preferences:DSP Manager window, even deleted the dll and reinstalled it.

Now it gets weirder. Just now I opened the prefs again and instead of the 400Hz slider, it was the 315Hz slider that was up. I zeroed it, closed and reopened and the 500Hz slider was up. (I had spotted that before but thought I must be mistaken.)

I also noted that each time, the slider which was up was also in the Band edit box with the increased value showing. At that point I burst out laughing and said to my wife that someone must have hacked into my desktop and is trying to make me go insane. They are succeeding.

Any hints are welcome... (and an exorcism might be in order!)

P.s. I'm not joking, the above is really happening. I've added a screen video of it in action.

Reply #207
Ahhh.... I've just realised what's happening, from watching my own video.

I open the equalizer prefs by double clicking on "Graphic Equalizer". When I do, the prefs window is capturing the tail end of the second click and interpreting it as having been clicked on. The cursor happens to be where the bumped-up sliders are as the window loads.

If I load the prefs using the "..." bit instead, which just takes a single click, that works.

I don't know if this is a bug in the plugin or in FB2K, but it's a funny one.

Edit to add: It's not my mouse suffering from contact bounce; I've just watched the mouse USB events with Wireshark. It is a bug of sorts.

Reply #208
Ahhh.... I've just realised what's happening, from watching my own video....

I have this problem too!!
It's surly a bug!!!

It won't occur if your cusor is not on the area of the bars.

2021-03-11 00:25:22
Well my problem is similar but not same as yours.
Mine is when imported the preset setting(by double-click the file) then if my cusor is on the area of those bars. The level of one of those bar will change.

Reply #209
I may be way optimistic, but is it naive to hope someone can update this component for the new 64-bit version 2?

Reply #210
Let's hope when xnor finish Return to Monkey Island, he will find time to update this component or release source code since someone was ready to work on it (at the time).

Reply #211
Hopefully!  I have quite a few useable HP curves I'd still like to use.

Reply #214
Parabéns ao criador, alguns plugins são muito interessantes, mas esse EQ tem um utilidade em qualquer situação, tamanha a versatilidade!! Só instalo foobar 32 bits para não perder esse EQ. Obrigado!!

Please provide English translation in future posts.
TOS 10. All members must post in English.  Content in other languages are allowed as long as full English translations are provided, or otherwise at the discretion of the staff.

Google translation:
Congratulations to the creator, some plugins are very interesting, but this EQ is useful in any situation, such is its versatility!! I only install foobar 32 bits so I don't lose that EQ. Thanks

Reply #215
Parabéns ao criador, alguns plugins são muito interessantes, mas esse EQ tem um utilidade em qualquer situação, tamanha a versatilidade!! Só instalo foobar 32 bits para não perder esse EQ. Obrigado!!

Please provide English translation in future posts.
TOS 10. All members must post in English.  Content in other languages are allowed as long as full English translations are provided, or otherwise at the discretion of the staff.

Google translation:
Congratulations to the creator, some plugins are very interesting, but this EQ is useful in any situation, such is its versatility!! I only install foobar 32 bits so I don't lose that EQ. Thanks
Well I went 64, as it was about time FB went 64.  And I'm still patiently waiting for such a straightforward program to be updated.

Reply #216
Guys, maybe you already knew about it but I discovered it previous month.
There's an external application called "Equalizer APO". It is a DSP but for Windows. You'll find a (familiar) 31 band equalizer and even a parametric equalizer (great for bass management) !
It's not portable and it needs admin rights, but maybe it will suit you, like it seems to do for me.
When comparing to foo_dsp_xgeq, it is instant (2 seconds for xgeq), has more possible gain values, and it changes setting for all apps (so no more Foobar2000 low level compared to other apps).
But I hope foo_dsp_xgeq will still be updated, just to see Guybrush Threepwood one more time !

Reply #217
EqualizerAPO doesn't work if you're using exclusive mode.
I'm still hoping for foo_dsp_xgeq for 64 bit.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #218
EqualizerAPO doesn't work if you're using exclusive mode.
I'm still hoping for foo_dsp_xgeq for 64 bit.
Same here!  I use MathAudio HP EQ for now.  But it isn't functional for me to turn off when using speakers, unlike xgeq has always been, for blind guys.

Reply #219
Also hoping for an x64 release!

Reply #220
Also hoping for an x64 release!
same, so maybe @pqyt could port my own graphic EQ effect as a foobar2000 DSP component as I know that the same dev of foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer are inspired by my own spectrum analyzer project, both on CodePen (probably I'm the raul of foobar2000, since I know that raul ported Winamp visualizations to MusicBee, so given my history, I'm being similar to raul right?)

Reply #221
+1 for x64.