Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #6, #8] I'm a recent switcher... (Read 3754 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #6, #8] I'm a recent switcher...

I'm a recent switcher to foobar from iTunes, and I must say the improvement in playback quality is amazing. I never noticed just how bad iTunes sounds. One thing I miss though, is the ability to click on an entry in your media library, and it would allow you to edit it within the window, without having to follow sub-menus and such. Does anyone know how I can have a feature like this?

Reply #1
I'm a recent switcher to foobar from iTunes, and I must say the improvement in playback quality is amazing. I never noticed just how bad iTunes sounds.

http://foobar2000.org/FAQ.html

* Q: Does foobar2000 sound better than other players?
* A: No. Most of “sound quality differences” people “hear” are placebo effect (at least with real music), as actual differences in produced sound data are below their noise floor (1 or 2 last bits in 16bit samples). Foobar2000 has sound processing features such as software resampling or 24bit output on new high-end soundcards, but most of other mainstream players are capable of doing the same by now.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Reply #2
If you use the columnsui addon there is an options to allow you to do that.

Reply #3

I'm a recent switcher to foobar from iTunes, and I must say the improvement in playback quality is amazing. I never noticed just how bad iTunes sounds.

http://foobar2000.org/FAQ.html

* Q: Does foobar2000 sound better than other players?
* A: No. Most of “sound quality differences” people “hear” are placebo effect (at least with real music), as actual differences in produced sound data are below their noise floor (1 or 2 last bits in 16bit samples). Foobar2000 has sound processing features such as software resampling or 24bit output on new high-end soundcards, but most of other mainstream players are capable of doing the same by now.

But iTunes does have poor sound output compeard to foobar2000 and Winamp.
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"