Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play wma in Foobar 1.2.9 (Read 6477 times) previous topic - next topic

Play wma in Foobar 1.2.9

Hello,

I've try Foobar 1.2.9 to play music on my computer, with a software who need few ressources (i've got an old computer), but who included a library (or a view of folder).

My problem is to play wma format : it's impossible. I haven't got the require codec with Foobar to play music on this format ... but i can play wma format with VLC ... so, what can i do to fix this problem?

Ridbark
PS : sorry for my bad english, i'm french and not really good in english.

Play wma in Foobar 1.2.9

Reply #1
Quote from: http://www.foobar2000.org/ link=msg=0 date=
Main features
Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.

accordingly, there shouldn't be any issues playing wma
thus, in order to receive help, you have to provide additional information

Play wma in Foobar 1.2.9

Reply #2
Get more information from the Console ... do this:

"foobar2000 toolbar > View > Console" . . . Console window opens, press the 'Clear' button . . . keep the Console window open.
drag a WMA file into your playlist and press 'Play'.
What is the Console saying?

Play wma in Foobar 1.2.9

Reply #3
... with a software who need few ressources (i've got an old computer), but who included a library (or a view of folder).
I don't really get that part of the sentence. Does this mean you're on a stripped down system? Do you have the Windows Media Player installed or the windows media runtime (or however it's called)? Foobar uses the windows api to playback wma.

Play wma in Foobar 1.2.9

Reply #4
Well, i find the problem : Foobar wanted the WMA support, so the runtime library.
But, i've already installed this library, but i find this : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...en&id=19289 (by the way of a google search), and it works now!

I really don't understand, except if VLC need only the runtime library and Foobar need more? Don't know, but whatever, it works now!

I don't really get that part of the sentence. Does this mean you're on a stripped down system?

I have Windows 7, but my computer is old and if i use Windows Media Player, i can't play to any game for example, or navigation on internet is slow. So, i need media player (Foobar2000) to play music without taking all ressources of my system ... is this clearer? Or i do a sentences incomprehensible again? :-P

Anyway, thank you!

Ridbark

Play wma in Foobar 1.2.9

Reply #5
Yes, now I understand what you mean. Nice that you could figure out the problem.