Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Embedded wavpack image file (Read 2736 times) previous topic - next topic

Embedded wavpack image file

I'm using REACT to create wavpack image files as backups for my cds. I have a question  after REACT is done encoding everything and I check my image file folder, Isee I have the .wv as well as the .cue files. I thought the cue sheet was embedded in the image files? doesnt that mean I dont need the .cue file because when i tried adding the cd images by directory to foobar, it added every cd twice probably because it read the .cue and the .wv image file. if i dont need the .cue sheet because its embedded in the file, doesnt that mean i can exclude that from my script?

Embedded wavpack image file

Reply #1
Some people prefer to also have an external cuesheet together with their images with embedded cuesheets, and that's why the standard REACT ini file is setup to preserve it. I personally don't want an external cuesheet together with my embedded WavPack images as it IMHO defeats the whole purpose of embedding the cuesheets in the first place, so i have changed this line in my REACT ini :

Code: [Select]
2=>del "@source@" "@eaclog@"

To this instead :

Code: [Select]
2=>del "@source@" "@eaclog@" "@cuesheet@"