Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Update to FLAC 1.3.3? (Read 2390 times) previous topic - next topic

Update to FLAC 1.3.3?

Currently the version of FLAC in use is 1.2. Is it possible or even desireable to upgrade to 1.3.3? If so, what is the procedure for upgrading?

John

Re: Update to FLAC 1.3.3?

Reply #1
I think you're in the wrong forum thread ("Uploads" isn't about Upgrades), but Foobar was updated to FLAC 1.3.3 with version 1.5 (see Change Log here: https://www.foobar2000.org/changelog)

As far as encoding, the latest Foobar Free Encoder Pack from Case also uses FLAC 1.3.3;  so, if you have that and Foobar 1.5+, you are already upgraded.

Re: Update to FLAC 1.3.3?

Reply #2
Thanks! I see where I was going wrong. If you edit the FLAC information it tells you that "FLAC Encoder 1.2.0 or newer is required> I assumed that meant that 1.2.0 was in use. A little confusing! After checking, I have the latest version and had installed the encoder pack also! Much appreciated!