Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 870712 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #750
@pyr0rrzzz:
1 - What type of lyrics are you displaying? (synced or unsynced) Are you talking about pressing the page up and page down keys?
2 - See the tag search properties (double click on the tag search) - in preferences.
3 - Will be fixed in the next release.
4 - Unlikely to happen.

@GCRaistlin:
Are you using the %search_state% variable in your fallback text? That displays "Found Nothing" for five seconds when no lyric is found.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #751
The vern
Thanks, I didn't know about it. Panel Preferences seem to be a bit hidden, don't they? Some ideas:
  • If possible, add a button to call Panel Prefeences from within "general" Preferences.
  • Place hint "Additionally %search_state% and %search_progress% are available" into non-editable field - for easy copy-paste.
  • 5 sec doesn't seem to be enough - an user can call fb2k window to the top after these 5 sec period. Why don't keep "Found nothing" on screen forever?
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #752
@GCRaistlin:
1 - That wouldn't work - there may be multiple instances of the panel, which one should open?
2 - Seems like overkill tbh, typing it isn't that difficult (it already says they exist in the blurb above the edit box).
3 - I found it annoying to have it there all the time, and it doesn't serve any purpose showing it: if there isn't a lyric displaying and it's not searching you know it hasn't found a lyric

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #753
The vern
1 - At least you can mention that there's another Preferences besides.
3 - Yeah, if we know that all is working as expected. As you can see some of us ain't sure it does .

By the way... is it possible to display currently used lyrics source? For example before actual displaying of lyrics on choosing Next lyrics from context menu.
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #754
@pyr0rrzzz:
1 - What type of lyrics are you displaying? (synced or unsynced) Are you talking about pressing the page up and page down keys?
2 - See the tag search properties (double click on the tag search) - in preferences.
3 - Will be fixed in the next release.
4 - Unlikely to happen.

1 - I'm displaying unsynced lyrics with automatic scrolling being disabled. I'm talking about resting your mouse over the lyrics display panel and using the mouse wheel. I think you shouldn't be able to move the text at all if it fits the panel while, right now, it's jumping around. Why would you scroll in this case anyway? To see if these are all of the lyrics (as there is no indicator, see 4).
2 - oh, I see.
3 - cool
4 - aww   

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #755
  • 5 sec doesn't seem to be enough - an user can call fb2k window to the top after these 5 sec period. Why don't keep "Found nothing" on screen forever?

my fallback text is:

No Lyrics Found
[Searching: %search_progress% '%']

maybe is this what you want?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #756

my fallback text is:

No Lyrics Found
[Searching: %search_progress% '%']

maybe is this what you want?

I'm guessing something more like
Code: [Select]
$if2([%search_state%': '$search_progress%'%'],'Lyric search completed')

Untested thought, might require some tweaks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #757
The vern
Now it's hard to understand why lyrics isn't displayed - because of something wrong with component settings or lack of lyrics for currently played track. Message like "No lyrics found" would make things clearer.

you can also do "right click" -> "Lyrics search..."

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #758
culinko
BrutuZ
Thanks for the hint guys, I wonder why I didn't come to it myself.
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #759
Now the last string in my fallback text is:
Code: [Select]
$if2([Searching for lyrics... %search_progress%%% done.],'No lyrics found.')
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #760
one, tiny suggestion. currently we have (in context menu):
- reload lyrics
- lyrics search
- chose lyrics

can we have
- reload lyrics
- search lyrics
- chose lyrics

(i.e. have a pattern there)?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #761
Thanks to all for their input and suggestions about the associations problems, I'm considering the options.

Can't estimate how good or bad the following idea is, but very probable you! 

Idea: The component always searches for unsynced and synced lyrics - and saves them both. If one of them lacks then on each playing the component searches in background for the one which is missing. In preferences you won't need anymore the prefer-option. Instead of that the prefer-option could be placed in panel-preferences to determine which type should be preferred for showing in display. Something similar like that!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #762
Thanks to all for their input and suggestions about the associations problems, I'm considering the options.

Can't estimate how good or bad the following idea is, but very probable you! 

Idea: The component always searches for unsynced and synced lyrics - and saves them both. If one of them lacks then on each playing the component searches in background for the one which is missing. In preferences you won't need anymore the prefer-option. Instead of that the prefer-option could be placed in panel-preferences to determine which type should be preferred for showing in display. Something similar like that!

well if the component will search for both lyrics, it would cause a mess (at least for me). having 20k lyrics instead of 10k would be very confusing.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #763
Probably you won't have 20k lyrics because timestamped lyrics are more rare than unsynced ones - that is actually the source of the whole problem. Apart from that: what would be the mess? In the tag you will have UNSYNCED LYRICS and LYRICS present. Or in the folder where you have your files you will have both: txt- and lrc-files well sorted. Some solutions require fair compromises and that seems a fair one to me! 

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #764
Probably you won't have 20k lyrics because timestamped lyrics are more rare than unsynced ones - that is actually the source of the whole problem. Apart from that: what would be the mess? In the tag you will have UNSYNCED LYRICS and LYRICS present. Or in the folder where you have your files you will have both: txt- and lrc-files well sorted. Some solutions require fair compromises and that seems a fair one to me! 

i have more synced lyrics than unsynced ones, so i don't get why they should be rare. and i don't want to have both txt and lrc files for the same songs in my lyric directory, sorry. in fact, i would love if this plugin would remove the old txt file if it finds the lrc one. of course with possible backup. lyric plugin log would be good too, to know when has been found new lyrics, replaced old ones, etc.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #765

i have more synced lyrics than unsynced ones, so i don't get why they should be rare. and i don't want to have both txt and lrc files for the same songs in my lyric directory, sorry. in fact, i would love if this plugin would remove the old txt file if it finds the lrc one. of course with possible backup. lyric plugin log would be good too, to know when has been found new lyrics, replaced old ones, etc.

"i have more synced lyrics than unsynced ones" apart, I second the rest of that. But then of course, not mandatory, another lovely checkbox would give the option to whether or not delete unsynced lyrics if a new synced is found.
As for the log, I guess a good console feedback is more than enough (you can easily have it write a log file for you if needed)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #766
Sometimes I feel little ignored... 

Is it possible to add such ratings to ones own lyrics, too?

Is it inteded that quality information is lost when saving lyrics locally or am I doing something wrong?

Or was there an answer I missed?

Regarding the synchronise-line key I've been hoping for assignable shortcuts in foobar preferences, but the enter-version might also work.

I finally found some time to try it and I have to say: it doesn't really. The description in the changelog is not quite correct:

- In the lyric editor, pressing enter synchronises the lyrics (the edit box mustn't have focus).

Pressing enter synchronises line if and only if the synchronise line button has focus and a line is selected. So the only difference to the old version is that the button has focus and first line is selected when you start the editor. After using another button just once, everything is like before as enter activates that element instead.

I wasn't completely correct there: in fact, the synchronise line button gets "selected", when the edit box is selected. But the only ways to unfocus the edit box and therefore make pressing enter synchronise line are to click on the synchronise line button (in wich case everything is like before) or to toggle "Auto save on OK or Apply" (because that won't give focus to one of the other buttons).

Can't you just allow user-defined shortcuts? Or is there an easier way to synchronise lyrics?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #767
I've noticed one thing (probably in the last version) - previously I could start playback of the song and after a second skip to another one and the automatic search would still be performed and lyrics would be saved. Currently if I skip to the next track before the lyrics is found then the search is stopped.

Why this is bothering me is because previously it was quite easy to tag/search for all songs in a given album before one started listening to it / it was more convenient to refresh old lyrics. Is it possible to have previous behaviour back somehow? Or maybe an option to grab lyrics for multiple songs at once?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #768
Some of my artist fields have comments in brackets.
For example 'Ramones (Remastered)', so it can't find the lyrics.
Is it possible for the program the ignore the words in the brackets so it only searches for 'Ramones'?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #769
Something wrong with lyrics identification.
I play an ape file through cue. Cue is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I play track 7 at first (i. e. after deleting corresponding lyrics files from lyrics dir) and track 2 next fb2k loads wrong lyrics in both cases ("Made in Heaven", another Freddie's song from another album). By choosing Next lyrics in context menu I'm able to switch to correct lyrics, but next time I play this track I get wrong lyrics in Lyrics Show panel again.
But if I play track 2 at first and track 7 next fb2k loads correct lyrics in both cases.

• Can you please add the possibility to see current (and/or next) lyrics source, maybe as disabled item in context menu?
  • Can you please add the possibility to replace current local lyrics with last displayed one? Under "last displayed" I mean lyrics that has been displayed on a track's playback stop.
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #770
Some of my artist fields have comments in brackets.
For example 'Ramones (Remastered)', so it can't find the lyrics.
Is it possible for the program the ignore the words in the brackets so it only searches for 'Ramones'?

No, that would be a purely you-the-user-specific workaround.  In fact, many "legitimate" artist names SHOULD have parentheses.  I recommend changing the way you write your tags (either by moving "Remastered" to the album field, or making a custom tag field for "Remastered" and having foobar2000's titleformatting do some magic for you.)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #771
That, or you could simply code yourself a more complex string parameter that would check for and ignore said comments.
Get your brain to work a little and you can easily do it just by using the commands on the standard "Title Formating Help". Put some $if here and there, spice it up with some string position finder commands, and you'll have a working workaround (?) in no time.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #772
I should have typed it more clearly.
I meant more like, how can I use the program such that the program ignores the bracket, not can you please modify the program such that it ignores the bracket!

Thanks for your replies. I have used the title formatting to ignore any characters after the '(' bracket.
Here is the code if anyone is interested.

$if($strchr(%artist%,'('),$substr(%artist%,1,$sub($strchr(%artist%,'('),2)),%artist%)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #773
Another thing that might be worth having:
- Display the lyrics of the currently selected track in the playlist when no track is playing.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #774
Looking forward to the SDK :-)

Good Job!