Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 870611 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #700
i just found this awesome component. is is possible to search a bunch of files at the same time? i cannot find this option

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #701
Not at present. You can work around this by either using foo_preview or a WSH panel script (see [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=783626']here[/a]).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #702
Version 0.3.3 uploaded.

Changes:
- Added a tool to batch associate lyrics with a customised filename (most users don't need to use this, only those whose lyrics are saved with a filename that is not automatically recognised). Available via the associations search properties.
- Lyrics found from either the tags or the associations will be displayed first - regardless of their type (synced or not).

@Peti:
The batch associating tool I've just added will allow to save associations for the lyrics named with %filename%. It is worth noting that any lyric that is saved through the plugin has an association saved along with it, so any new lyrics you download and save will have an association saved regardless of your titleformatting filename pattern.

@culinko:
Associations are saved automatically at the end of a song, therefore you just have to have the desired lyric displayed in the panel at the end of the track.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #703
it's working as it should, great work! many thanks The vern.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #704
where is minilyrics option? where can i download version 0.2.3 again?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #705
The Vern, it seems using preview to automatically search and download lyrics doesn't work as it did in the past - the behavior change occured with today's version - nothing else changed in my setup.

Previously, I could set up preview to play the first minute of a song, and this component would automatically search, load and save lyrics with various component settings.  As of today, that doesn't work with a particular scenario which is the most common scenario for me. 

Scenario: song with unsynced lyrics already in a tag, timestamped sources selected (5000 millisec timeouts), "prefer synced" selected, enabled automatic save.  The initial search that commences when the song begins to play completes instantly (far too quickly to have allowed for an actual search of my sources), and the only search result is the existing unsynced lyric tag.  If I manually hit "search", then another search commences, and this time it appears to actually conduct the search and returns results from the selected sources.  However, it never automatically loads any synced lyric result and thus fails to save what it finds.

So the initial search that automatically commences at the beginning of a song does not seem to work, and the loading of the preferred results of a subsequent manual research never works automatically.  I can manually load the results and manually save the results (and look OK when I look into the tags of the song), so I think the actual search results of the second search are real and valid.

If there is a new setting I've missed, or if any of this is not clear, please let me know.  Everything else looks great, and worked great other than this item today - thanks for your efforts.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #706
@Peti:
The batch associating tool I've just added will allow to save associations for the lyrics named with %filename%. It is worth noting that any lyric that is saved through the plugin has an association saved along with it, so any new lyrics you download and save will have an association saved regardless of your titleformatting filename pattern.

Thanks, it's working, but it takes quite a long time and it is not the best solution for me, because I use foobar on more PCs and so I need to constantly rescan the library (and rescanning via VPN takes even more time)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #707
small bug in version 3.0.3
if the last line isn't a blank line, highlightning of the last line starts after start-time of line

congratulations to "the vern", who made lyrics-plugin indispensable for every music-fan - really great work

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #708
Regarding the synchronise-line key I've been hoping for assignable shortcuts in foobar preferences, but the enter-version might also work.

I finally found some time to try it and I have to say: it doesn't really. The description in the changelog is not quite correct:

- In the lyric editor, pressing enter synchronises the lyrics (the edit box mustn't have focus).

Pressing enter synchronises line if and only if the synchronise line button has focus and a line is selected. So the only difference to the old version is that the button has focus and first line is selected when you start the editor. After using another button just once, everything is like before as enter activates that element instead.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #709
big bug in version 3.0.3

displayed online lyric will be stored automatically without user's wish

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #710
@lender1257:
I can't replicate what you're describing, can you explain your set up/scenario more? (i.e. save settings, search settings, whether lyrics already exist etc).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #711
sorry guys

there isn't a big bug in version 3.0.3
i haven't turned off the "automatic save" option after installing

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #712
Some issue with lyrics identification.
"Prefer synced" is choosed. Have following files in local directory:
Code: [Select]
Black Sabbath - Changes.lrc
Black Sabbath - Paranoid.lrc
Black Sabbath - Tomorrow's Dream.lrc

When playing "Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath" (title is the same as artist) 'Black Sabbath - Changes.lrc' is being displayed in Lyrics Show panel. After deleting 'Black Sabbath - Changes.lrc' 'Black Sabbath - Paranoid.lrc' is being displayed and so on.
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #713
@GCRaistlin:
Thanks for reporting, it will be fixed in the next release (I was aware of it, I'd just forgotten).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #714
I get random pop-ups of "wrong ext"
don't know how to reliably reproduce it

basically, foobar2000 continuously play tracks. some track have lyrics, some don't. some tracks are cue+wave file, some are just plain mp3s.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #715
Signed up to thank you for this plugin.

I've also a small problem, in that lyrics cannot be read from tags if the artist field is empty. Took me half an hour to figure out this was the problem with tag lyrics not being read D:.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #716
New version works great, but there's still a problem with timestamped lyrics.

I think lyrics are much more easier to read when sections of a song are separated with extra line break. The problem is, the plugin doesn't treat an extra line break right. It thinks it's a line of words like other lines and therefore scrolling stops at it. What it should do is to ignore the line break and scroll smoothly to the next section.

[00:45.48]You can take away my heroes
[00:48.88]Can you take away my pain
[00:53.88]
[00:56.85]Take away my pain
[01:03.01]Leave the cold outside
[01:09.39]Please don't let it rain

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #717
lyrics search is kind of weird when track title is only one character

I load tracks with cue file and disabled all online DB. component shows lyrics not found when playing "in the rain" as expected. However, content of sds-125.txt gets picked up as lyric whenever foobar plays track "G" and "D". this is harmless from my usage.

setup:

sds-125.cue
in the rain.wav
G.wav
D.wav
sds-125.txt

sds-125.cue defines tracks details for "in the rain", "G" and "D"

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #718
first, i'd like to thank the vern for this great plug-in. appreciate it very much.

I have this nagging problem when sometimes synced lyrics wont save automatically on file's tag. tried to force save but still the same. what seems to be the problem?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #719
Hello everybody!

I've been using foo_uie_lyrics3 in its latest version in my notebook with Win7 Home Premium 64bit since last Saturday and I get this C++ Runtime error:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program files\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe

R6025
- pure virtual function call

I just tried to do a fresh foobar2000 installation on a WinXP Home Edition, totally different pc and I get the same bug/error.
I noted that I get the error only when I close the lyrics panel before closing foobar, in fact if I close foobar when the lyrics windows is still open it works fine.

Thank you.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #720
Hi vern,

Just wondering why the fading of highline colour is removed from 0.3. Also is it possible in a future version to allow user to change the colour of lyrics shadow?

Many thanks.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #721
- Lyrics found from either the tags or the associations will be displayed first - regardless of their type (synced or not).

Could you make this optional? It doesn't make sense to me, whenever sync'd lyrics are available they should be displayed. If not, users that have auto-save enabled (like me) will never find out about new sync'd lyrics

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #722
I love the new feature to prefer local sources but yes: it should be optional (a simple checkbox besides search type dropdown-list) because not enabling that option offers withot doubt some meaningful functions.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #723

Could you make this optional? It doesn't make sense to me, whenever sync'd lyrics are available they should be displayed. If not, users that have auto-save enabled (like me) will never find out about new sync'd lyrics

well, this was made basically for me, because when you have songs containing "(demo)", "(acoustic)", "(live)", etc. with unsynced lyrics and regular song with synced lyrics, you got wrong lyrics displayed (if you have prefer synced option). but if you got many unsynced lyrics for another songs and you'll find new synced ones, the old ones won't be overwritten now, so i agree this is bad. what about a new option to not auto save associations? + to be able to add associations one by one instead of batch adding the whole directory would do the trick i guess. or add another list to "white-list" the conflicting lyrics, so these lyrics will be forced to display and leaving associations as they were before (to not force any lyrics there).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #724
I still believe that the best would be to seperate local source list from the database list and to not show anymore online lyrics in the panel (means immediate save on find and some changes more as side effect). In my eyes that would make the concept clear and brings the purpose of the component (saving lyrics) to the point.