Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero and EAC's cue sheets (Read 2288 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero and EAC's cue sheets

I use the latest Nero 6.6.*. I was wondering whether I was doing something wrong with my CD copying process.

I only have one CD drive, so I rip the CD using EAC to a CUE, then use Nero to burn that CUE. It seems fine, but am I messing things up? I heard that EAC using a nonstandard format, and was wondering whether Nero was doing something wrong subtlely. In my CD player I don't hear anything wrong. Can Nero accept EAC's cue sheets without messing up?

I can't use EAC's writer because for some reason it doesn't detect the drive.

Reply #1
The only issue with EAC cuesheets is if you rip to separate tracks and create a "non-compliant" cuesheet.

If you are ripping to image with cuesheet you should be fine.

Check the wiki for more info.

I don't understand why just the writer dialogue won't recognise your drive.  Maybe you should try using ASPI if currently using SPTI, or the other way around. (Edit: EAC Options > Interface tab)

If it will recognise your drive but won't burn with it try switching to CDRDAO (if you have 0.95bX). (Edit: EAC Options > Write tab)
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
I heard that EAC using a nonstandard format, and was wondering whether Nero was doing something wrong subtlely

No subtilities. Nero will loudly protest and refuse to accept the 'illegal CUE sheet'.

Reply #3
I have had issues with EAC and some laptop CD drives with respect to burning. However, CDRDAO appears to address these handily, resulting in perfect burns with every drive I have.

I have Nero too, but wind up using EAC by itself a lot because it just works fine for audio, especially with CDRDAO.

Give it a try.