Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 random crash when browsing (scrrun.dll) (Read 1013 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 random crash when browsing (scrrun.dll)

Somehow the crashes happen more often now for unknown reason. From the crash log it seems like its caused by system32/scrrun.dll.

Code: [Select]
Crash location:
Module: ScrRun
Offset: A4A2h
Symbol: "DllCanUnloadNow" (+2D82h)

Re: foobar2000 random crash when browsing (scrrun.dll)

Reply #1
Somehow the crashes happen more often now for unknown reason. From the crash log it seems like its caused by system32/scrrun.dll.

Crash location:
Maybe there are some missing dll in foobar2000 root folder like VCRUNTIME140.DLL?
https://www.dll-files.com/vcruntime140.dll.html

Reply #2
Seems to be a out of memory problem coming from JavaScript used by spider monkey panel: JSRuntime::onOutOfMemoryCanGC.

Reply #3

Crash location:
Maybe there are some missing dll in foobar2000 root folder like VCRUNTIME140.DLL?
https://www.dll-files.com/vcruntime140.dll.html

I checked and the shared library is there.

Seems to be a out of memory problem coming from JavaScript used by spider monkey panel: JSRuntime::onOutOfMemoryCanGC.

Good eye! I think this might be the issue. Strange though as GC is supposed to happen in the background knowing what object to purge to make room and very rarely out of memory. Will try a fresh theme and see if it occurs. Still have to figure out which panel as I'm using quite a lot, I'm guessing the culprit is probably cover flow. I recently included a tons of music into my library, perhaps that is a clue.