Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Website intermittently loading very slowly (Read 5960 times) previous topic - next topic

Website intermittently loading very slowly

I don't know if the site/forum admins are aware of this issue, so I thought I'd post a heads-up. The last couple of days HA forums have been really slow. Loading topics sometimes takes 10 seconds or more, instead of the normal 0-2 seconds. The problem does not always occur, but it affects page loads ~3/4 of the time. Sometimes an HTTP 500 Internal Server error message is shown. 

This seems to be a server issue. I've checked my connecting to HA and pinging it did not show any crazy latencies (11ms) or packet loss (0%).

edit: Apparently Leaseweb has been having some high traffic issues (other way of saying DDoS attacks) the last couple of days causing high latency and packet loss. Someone seem to be attacking a customer of leaseweb that sits behind the same set of routers that service the HA site (EvoSwitch, Netherlands). see: http://leasewebnoc.com/en/networkstatus/20...tch-netherlands

Reply #1
As I replied to Chronosphere in an OT thread, I’ve noticed this. I presume the admins are aware of it, too, and are doing whatever they can—if there’s anything within their power.

Thanks for doing some research and finding info on a potential cause. I can’t speculate whether that’s definitely related, but it seems a logical possibility.

Reply #2
Same here, HA is very slow today.

Reply #3
Problem seems to have been fixed. Seeing fast page loads again.

Reply #4
Now it's OK