Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.8 SDK compile for foo_minibar? (Read 8689 times) previous topic - next topic

0.8 SDK compile for foo_minibar?

I've used Curi0us_George's foo_minibar addon since it was first released and I love it. mig compiled it for fb2k 0.7 but since the 0.8 betas and in the final release the show/hide foobar button doesn't function correctly for me. The button will minimize but it won't maximize the foobar window.  I'm unsure if this is a result of changes made to fb2k but I've done clean installs, etc, and it remains the same. 

I realize Curi0us_George has stopped releasing or updating addons, sadly, and it's been ages since mig re-compiled the addon. Is there anyone both with the source and the ability that would be willing to compile it for fb2k 0.8 with the latest SDK?

I'd be in heaven and greatly appreciate it. This is a must have part of fb2k for me. 

/rotjong

Reply #1
I've been meaning to work on it because I want to add a few things that I found I needed, but I think i'll recompile it against the 0.8 final SDK real quick for you and post a link.... hang in there an hour or two...

[edit: link for foo_minibar built against 0.8 SDK]

http://home.nyc.rr.com/mgarrido/foo_minibar08.zip

Reply #2
I've been meaning to work on it because I want to add a few things that I found I needed, but I think i'll recompile it against the 0.8 final SDK real quick for you and post a link.... hang in there an hour or two...

Ahhhh. Thank you!! 

/rotjong

Reply #3
hi mig,would you post the source?

Reply #5

Wonderful plugin! 
Using it now in conjunction with Hawkeye ShellInit, foo_text and Serious Samurize (yes, and Chameleon Clock too...) to create a thin line of a minimal foobar interface on the top of my screen. Nifty! Think this is the "minimal interface" solution that will stick.

Well. Sure hope you will continue this plugin, and lookin' forward to all the exciting new features. 
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #6
sorry for the bump, but I just remembered about foo_minibar, so thanx for recompiling it mig. btw do you think you'll continue developement ? that would be nice ^^ (although I can't really see anything to improve  )

Reply #7
Yes I will continue development of it... I am currently planning a few features that will make it more 'complete', little changes are needed, and they will be implemented soon..

Reply #8
i cannot activate foo_minibar in foobar2000 0.81 beta 2. can anybody confirm this?

Reply #9
No problem here with beta2.

Reply #10
I can configure the minibar in preferences but there is no way to activate it. it is not in the components dropdown menu in the main windows 

Reply #11
Maybe for some reason you should "Reset menu state" in Preferences > Core > Main menu items to make "Minibar..." appear in the components dropdown menu in the main window.

Reply #12
No need for resetting the menu state. Just add it back by right clicking [group] Components -> Insert item -> Command and finding minibar from there.

Reply #13
thanks! that solved my problem 

Reply #14
Is this plug-in still being developed? Or is there anything else like it? I like it, but I'd prefer if I was able to edit/or replace the graphics.

Cheers.