Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUE Editor -is there such an app? (Read 2555 times) previous topic - next topic

CUE Editor -is there such an app?

Successful use of a CUE sheet to burn a CD with all the proper gaps depends, in part, on the individual track file names matching the file names as listed in the CUE file.

For example, if the track is referenced in the CUE sheet as:

FILE "Artist - Album - Track # - Track Name.wav" WAVE

And I change the naming structure of the actual file to:

Track # - Track Name.wav

Suddenly the CUE file is useless to me.  I will have to edit it manually with a text editor so each track name matches the new file name for each track.

I'm looking for a tool which can do this for me.  The app would compare the file name to the referenced file names in the CUE sheet and make edits as necessary.

Is there anything out there that can do this?  I'd create such a tool myself if I had the knowledge but, unfortunately, that's not a talent I posess.

CUE Editor -is there such an app?

Reply #1
No need to manually edit this example, or any other one where you just need to remove the same bits of text from all file/track names. Using notepad or wordpad, you could remove all instances of "Artist - Album - " automagically with the "Replace..." function in the edit menu.