Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Stream Capture on PS3 won't play (Read 2540 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Stream Capture on PS3 won't play

Hello,  I am using FooBar v1.1.5, and am trying to set it up to listen to MP3 files on my PC hard drive, through my home stereo, via my PS3 and wireless LAN. I want to be able to control the songs from my PC, not through the PS3 interface - thus avoiding 'to and froing' whilst working.  I've installed foo_upnp, and it is showing on the PS3 as a server in the music column.  It will also display songs and play them on the PS3, but when I select the option of 'Playback stream capture' on my TV PS3 screen, it just gives a message of 'data is corrupted'.  Do I need to select a PS3 profile, or edit it - because every time I select the 'PLAYSTATION 3' one, it seems to go back to the default option.  I'm not bothered about album art, or any other details other than getting the PS3 to identify and play the FooBar stream.
I would be grateful to anyone who could offer advice or point me in the right direction.
Thanks.

Reply #1
Foo_upnp knows which preset to use. You don't select one for it (although you can force it to always use the Default profile by ticking the box next to "Always use the Deault streaming profile" that is found in Preferences > UPnP > Server > Basic Settings. I suggest not ticking the box). The selection box in Streaming Profiles is for the purpose of editing/configuring/creating presets.

Anyway, the error you're seeing occurs when Codec is set to "wav" under Playback Stream Capture. Select the Playstation 3 preset and set the Codec to "lpcm". Click Apply. Foo upnp will restart itself if running. The error shouldn't occur anymore.

Reply #2
Thanks BenB - it worked !  Thought I'd covered all the options yesterday, but sometimes you end up going over old ground !

Thanks again.