Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Global keyboard commands? (Read 1876 times) previous topic - next topic

Global keyboard commands?

Hello, I recently changed from Winamp to Foobar2000 mainly because Winamp was eating up my ram and I was looking for a more minimalistic player.  So far, I love foobar2000.  The only thing that I'm missing is the ability to change/pause/stop/start the song that's playing while the player isn't in focus.  I did a search and couldn't find what I'm looking for.  If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance,
FaNtAsMa

Reply #1
Click on the "Foobar2000" menu, and select "Pereferences". Under "Core", look for "Keyboard Shortcuts".

While in Keyboard Shortcuts, look for the action you want to assaign a key to (in this case, it would be: [main] Playback/Play or pause, and so-on) Make sure "Global Hotkey" is checked, and click on "Add".

That should do it.

Reply #2
Click on the "Foobar2000" menu, and select "Pereferences". Under "Core", look for "Keyboard Shortcuts".

While in Keyboard Shortcuts, look for the action you want to assaign a key to (in this case, it would be: [main] Playback/Play or pause, and so-on) Make sure "Global Hotkey" is checked, and click on "Add".

That should do it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282589"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you very much.  *feels stupid for missing something so obvious*