Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_effect (Read 252278 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_dsp_effect

Reply #450
Question: is it possible to use some portions of your playback rate code and add it easily into Android / mobile version of foobar? I am asking more from technical point of view, as I have no idea about portability of code and your code for this certain plugin.

That is something for Peter to consider, only he has control of the source. SoundTouch should work fine on Android.

If there's any way of porting it to mobile and more specifically Playback Rate Shift I'd be eternally grateful, cheers

Doubt that will happen. Only Peter and some other devs work on foobar2000 mobile. As I said, the SoundTouch library is LGPL and should work fine on Android/iOS.

I cannot port foo_dsp_effect to Android.

Reply #451
Hi, I updated to a newer version of dsp_effect (0.43) and I noticed a few things with the "Pitch/Tempo/Playback Rate" effect:
1. When hovering over the slider bars, scrolling up makes the percentage go down, while scrolling down makes the percentage go up. This is backwards.
2. Clicking on the slider makes the playback rate jump up or down 30%. This is a lot higher than what I ever use and I was wondering if there was any way to lower it (maybe it would jump up/down 1% or 2% instead?)
3. Is it possible to add a keyboard shortcut to change the playback percentage rates? For example, a keyboard shortcut to make the PB rate go up 1%, one to make it go down 1%, and another to reset it to default?
4. Is it possible to make the component's gui/window smaller, or change the layout somehow?  This is how my foobar looks with the latest version, and a square is not very conveniently shaped (see the screenshot below). It would be ideal if I could somehow only get the PB section and condense it down to be a lot thinner vertically somehow (even if it meant making it longer horizontally).

Please let me know your thoughts on all four of these and if there would be any chance of making them happen. Thank you!

Reply #452
1. When hovering over the slider bars, scrolling up makes the percentage go down, while scrolling down makes the percentage go up. This is backwards.

I am using the default WTL class behaviours, not subclassed.

2. Clicking on the slider makes the playback rate jump up or down 30%. This is a lot higher than what I ever use and I was wondering if there was any way to lower it (maybe it would jump up/down 1% or 2% instead?)

Again, using default WTL behaviour for the slide control. It is possible to change the amount of "pages" so it goes up by one percent each click. (see .SetPageSize). Which means then clicking endlessly to make it where you want, where you could just slide instead or enter the exact value.

3. Is it possible to add a keyboard shortcut to change the playback percentage rates? For example, a keyboard shortcut to make the PB rate go up 1%, one to make it go down 1%, and another to reset it to default?

Adding a keyboard bind would be possible in the UI element box. Making it configurable would make it an entirely different matter as then I would have to bother with making a full blown bind set configuration system too.

4. Is it possible to make the component's gui/window smaller, or change the layout somehow?  This is how my foobar looks with the latest version, and a square is not very conveniently shaped (see the screenshot below). It would be ideal if I could somehow only get the PB section and condense it down to be a lot thinner vertically somehow (even if it meant making it longer horizontally).

Doing so would mean a drastic rewrite of the UI element. Personally I don't use the element as a box in the main FB2K view, so I never seen a need to make all UI elements the component exposes have all resizable UI controls. And to me frankly its not happening in the current future.

All the component stemmed from some personal needs of mine, its just a side effect somehow some other people seem to like the stuff exposed in it.  :-\

Reply #453
I'll gladly make the changes in the source code and compile it just for myself. Could you point me to which files in particular each of these changes would need to be made in? I'm only interested in the Playback Rate element.

Reply #454
dsp_soundtouch.cpp

Reply #455
Does anyone know what's happened to this plugin? It doesn't seem to be available.

Reply #456
Thats because I don't want anything to do with it or any of the other stuff I used to code.

Reply #458
Right now I am too preoccupied with real world happenings to deal with anything remotely coding related. I have to sort out those matters first before I am even feeling comfortable enough to try code publically again.

I suppose I can upload to the uploads forum a copy of the binary and the source code. Thats the least I can do I suppose.

Reply #459
Right now I am too preoccupied with real world happenings to deal with anything remotely coding related. I have to sort out those matters first before I am even feeling comfortable enough to try code publically again.
Sounds like something really nasty happened =(
Hope that it (whatever it is) works out for you in the end...

And thanks for sharing the code, so that components could live on.

Reply #460
Just had something physical health related pop-up and I really should deal with that first before doing I am comfortable doing anything else. Nothing overly major or anything, but I have to really look out for myself now way more than I used to months ago.

If it also means giving up programming or something to reduce stress or other things, so be it tbh.

Reply #461
Just had something physical health related pop-up and I really should deal with that first before doing I am comfortable doing anything else. Nothing overly major or anything, but I have to really look out for myself now way more than I used to months ago.

If it also means giving up programming or something to reduce stress or other things, so be it tbh.

I hope things get better for you, mudlord. Thank you for all the work you've done.

Reply #462
Reinstated download page. Wasn't sure about the version required for the component since it was last built, so I uploaded it as requiring 1.4.

Reply #463
Glad to see you back again mudlord!  I hope you're feeling better.

A question:  is the .43 version with mod date 6/24/2020 that was available previous to your initial departure the same one that now has a modified date 9/19/20?  If not, is there a change log you could share?

I hope you're sticking around here but if not best of luck in your future goals.

Reply #464
It should be the same code wise. I tested it back to 1.4, which it works on. The DLL in the fb2k-component (which is a renamed ZIP) should have the file date as in June/July last year.

I should be sticking around but I am really interested in mainly maintaining it for my own use, and if any changes are made that benefits end users, then thats just a bonus I guess. Or random updates for bugs/UI/etc. I guess its my prerogative if end user stuff is taken into account, but these days I'll mainly focus on what I want out of it.

I feel much better coding sporadically these days instead of feeling obligated to provide support for......anything. Basically feel tons less stress as a result not having to deal with tech support, etc.

Reply #465
I feel much better coding sporadically these days instead of feeling obligated to provide support for......anything. Basically feel tons less stress as a result not having to deal with tech support, etc.
That's great, and understood completely on losing THAT burden.

The foo_dsp_effect.dll with mod date of June 24, 2020 has a different hash than the dll with the mod date Sept 19, 2020, so that's why I assumed something may have changed despite having the same version number.  Anyway, your plugin has been essential for me and I'm sure will serve many more users in the future.  Thanks again.

Reply #466
Might be done to when I did the buffer updates to SoundTouch based DSPs.

Should have bumped that to 0.44, might as well do that then, since the code might be newer in Git than on FB2K servers.

Reply #467
Ah, thanks mudlord!  I will check at a later date then for .44 in the fb2k repository whenever you get around to it as I do use the SoundTouch DSPs.

Reply #468
there, missed a spot with one dsp, should be updated. also updated to newest SoundTouch version.

Reply #469
there, missed a spot with one dsp, should be updated. also updated to newest SoundTouch version.
Got it, much appreciated.  Thanks for being so responsive.

Reply #470
also includes the metadata to pitch changing.
the meta data has to be "pitch_amt" with the amount of change as the exact number of semitones as a float.
If this new function can transpose songs without having to use Dynamic DSP, thank you master
But how to use it ?
I add the metadata "pitch_amt" with a value ("2.0" for example), but the tone does not change
I tried with the "Pitch Shift" DSP alone and with the "Pitch Tempo Rate" UI Element

Hi! I add the metadata "pitch_amt" with any value (1.0 or 2.0 for example), the dsp is in the dsp chain first, but nothing happens.
I have the latest version of the component and foobar 1.6.4 , portable install ( this component is the only component that I have installed)
Thanks in advance mudlord (or anyone who can help)

Reply #471
Found the logic problem, a fix will be available very shortly.

Reply #472
Yes, it works now , thanks a lot for your work with this component.
Also I have a question (or a small request). Is it possible to do the same for Playback Rate Shift (using  metadata) ?

Reply #473
I don't see why not. I have some major updates planned down the track, I suppose this is entirely reasonable to add to that list for 0.50, whenever that time comes.

Reply #474
Yeees! :) Thanks a lot for your patience and dedication. I will wait version 0.50 then