Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_effect (Read 248894 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_dsp_effect

Reply #402
Like the previous post, I would like to thank you for all your work
Personally I dream that you can see an interest to integrate foo_dsp_centercut and make it a bit more adjustable

Reply #403
Whats that filter? What needs to be more adjustable in it? Is it a simple stereo seperation effect ala Amiga?

Reply #404
I mean a wet/dry mixer instead of today on/off mode

Reply #405
Will have to see what it actually does.

Uploaded beta 1 of 0.40. Hopefully works okay and fixes the current issues in the UI elements.

Reply #406
I see on beta, by just changing IIR Filter Type will enable it even without check the Enabled

Reply #408
It's fixed. :)

Reply #409
Any other bugs I should know about?

Reply #410
It's not bug but just cosmetic. Chorus and Echo have same description on status bar.

Reply #411
I'll fix that when beta 3 comes.

Reply #412
Beta 3 up, hopefully the remaining bugs with the other effects are fixed before merging in the new unreleased effects.

Reply #413
Thanks mudlord, incredible plugin, can't wait to try the unreleased effects!

Reply #414
My priority atm is ironing out the last bugs that are in there before adding in the other stuff that I worked on in a unreleased component. It would be nice to know if there is still any left. The obvious ones I see should be gone now at least.

Reply #415
Thanks for the awesome plugin Mudlord.

Got a minor bug for you - Upon closing foo and re-opening the new playback rate checkbox doesn't stay ticked (but it is still enabled so needs a double click to disable again).

Also a pet peeve - personally I prefer the pitch / playback rate / tempo etc to be separate items as you had prior to the update, to be added as a layout item individually instead of clumped together, but this is just me.

Keep up the good work!

Reply #416
The forgotten checkbox only applies when playback rate is selected on its own, or with pitch enabled also. Pitch will remain ticked on re-opening foobar but not pb rate. However when tempo is ticked, it remembers pb rate also after exiting foobar.

Reply #417
Try beta 4.

It also has some new effects that I added.

Also a pet peeve - personally I prefer the pitch / playback rate / tempo etc to be separate items as you had prior to the update, to be added as a layout item individually instead of clumped together, but this is just me.

I unfortunately had conflicting reports that people wanted the clumped together UI element since they use the component professionally in their DJ work.

So yeah, I am not sure what to do.

Reply #418
@mudlord if I may  Im not sure how this works code wise finer grained control is always better so i would keep that the default but group them together via checkbox like  "enable DJ mode/professional workflow" ?  if possible as i said I am no expert so not sure that will work?

Reply #419
From what I understand that will complicate things with the UI Element API interface. Which means I would have to create separate UI element instances for each dialog.

Thats just how DUI element design works I think :<

Reply #420
mudlord,
You've added a compressor to 0.40 beta 4? I'm pretty sure it's from foo_dsp_effect but I'm easily confused. Anyway....

Just letting you know the Ratio option is labelled "Ratio: 1.00 ms". I assume that's not correct?
Also, the behaviour of the sliders is a little odd. It's no big deal, but as an example "release time" defaults to 200 ms, but if you adjust any slider it changes to 197.50ms and the next step up is 227.00 ms. It seems a bit odd you can't at least select the default value, or that it changes when you adjust another slider. Most of the them behave in a similar way.

Cheers.

Reply #421
How does the Skip Track effect work? Is it a replacement for the foo_skip component?

Reply #422
@yetanotherid those problems will be looked at for next beta. seems some of them are typos.
The compressor it implements is now from Windows itself, so the old compressor can be discarded. Which I will do sooner or later.

@Parole I think you are mistaken, my DSP set has no "Skip Track" effect.

Reply #423
I had absolutely no idea Windows has a compressor.

I use my PC as my media player with RockSteady normalising the volume, courtesy of ffdshow, but is the built in compressor something a mere mortal can access?

Thanks.

Reply #424
The compressor is a DirectX Media Object, been in Windows since Win98.