Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can FB2k "Split file by cue sheet" like EAC can? (Read 928 times) previous topic - next topic

Can FB2k "Split file by cue sheet" like EAC can?

I want to convert an album + .cue sheet, that is in one giant .flac file, to individual track .flac files, with correct filename formatting, (for me that's pretty simple, just track number and title: %tracknumber% %title%).

I used to do this by first converting the album .flac to .wav in FB2k, then manually updating the .cue text file from ".flac" to ".wav", then using Exact Audio Copy's "Split WAV by CUE sheet" function, and finally encoding to .flac again.

There are two reasons I want to know if this can all be achieved within FB2k itself. Firstly, it's very convulted, especially the having to convert to wav and back to flac again, because EAC only works on .wav files. Can FB2k convert directly from album .flac + .cue to seperate tracks .flac, and if so, how?

Secondly, EAC only works with stereo 16/44 files, and I have recently been trying to do this with 24/96 album .flacs etc., which is completely impossible in EAC.

I've looked in all the FB2k "Convert" settings but there doesn't seem to be any provision for .cue files. I can just double click on the .cue file in Explorer, and it will load the sepearte files into FB2k, but they all have the same title, and when I try to convert them they therefore all try to overwrite each other and I get an error.

Any pointers?

Re: Can FB2k "Split file by cue sheet" like EAC can?

Reply #1
Scratch that, I figured it out! I can't do .flac to .flac but I can easily do .flac to .wav with the track splits, I just needed to update the "Convert" preset to %tracknumber% %title% and it's working like a charm!