Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DAC led's to change automatically with album sample rate changes in fb2k (Read 1121 times) previous topic - next topic

DAC led's to change automatically with album sample rate changes in fb2k

I'm running fb2k ver. 1.3.9 with Windows 10. How do I adjust (add component?) fb2k so that my DAC's led's (CA Dac Magic 100) change automatically with album sample rate change w/o going into "SOUND" and changing it manually? I had this function running an older fb2k version on an XP machine using Direct Sound years ago. My DAC Magic is running in Class 2 mode with the most up to date drivers. ::)

Re: DAC led's to change automatically with album sample rate changes in fb2k

Reply #1
You need to bypass Windows mixer for that. Install WASAPI output component and activate it in output section in preferences.
Note that if you do this you can't play any other sounds while foobar is playing. You also lose the mixer powered fades on track seek and stop that prevent you from hearing nasty clicks and pops with sudden audio discontinuity.

Re: DAC led's to change automatically with album sample rate changes in fb2k

Reply #2
Note that if you do this you can't play any other sounds while foobar is playing.
To that output. You can direct other sounds to other outputs, for example send the system beep to the monitor's speakers (easiest by using that device as default in the system, and control fb2k output from within fb2k).
(This is one of the reasons why I have used ASIO and later WASAPI.)

Edit: Bypassing the Windows mixer means I have to use a resampler component for frequencies that my DAC does not support. (Anything below 44.1, actually.)