Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Will FOOBAR2000 custom EQs transfer onto my iPhone? (Read 3358 times) previous topic - next topic

Will FOOBAR2000 custom EQs transfer onto my iPhone?

With the normal iTunes eq, if you make a custom eq it won't transfer onto the iPhone. Is this different with foobar? Can I transfer my custom eqs?

Reply #1
Only if you process them when converting, not else.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #2
So if I eq it before I sync it to my iPhone it'll be eq'd on my iPhone? Are you sure? Have you tried it? Because with the iTunes EQ that's not the case.

Reply #3
In the Converter Setup, you have to choose "Processing" and to add the Equalizer from the list of available DSPs, and then to configure it (or to load a saved DSP chain preset with your equalizer settings).
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #4
No, foobar2000 will not transfer its equalizer settings to an iPhone/iPod/iPad.

What Andreasvb and Robertina are saying is that you can use foobar2000 to copy/transcode your original files with an EQ curve applied that actually changes the data in the new file to the sound you prefer.  If every one of your tracks has its own unique EQ, this could be a painstaking process; if you apply the same EQ across an entire album, it's not quite so bad.  Note that the end result is that you will have two copies of these files side-by-side in iTunes: the original and the "EQ'd" version.  You probably should append something to the album name of the EQ'd files -- something like "Album_Name [EQ'd]" -- so you can tell them apart and make sure only the desired one is copied to your portable.  BTW, any EQ you then enable in iTunes or on the portable will also be applied to the playback of these files which may result in an unpleasant "double" EQ.

If you can live with the preset EQ options in iTunes, then you can easily transfer the track-specific EQ preset to your iPhone/iPod/iPad.  This works because all iDevices have the same presets and the Apple database has a place to store the preset value.  Unfortunately, custom EQ settings are not supported.  See this discussion:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/186165...=0&tstart=0

Edit: I should have looked at your other post regarding GarageBand; what you are doing there is essentially the same as above.

Reply #5
^^^
I can't live with the apple presets. How do I change the original file to apply an eq? Will I lose any quality?

Also yes I do want to apply the same eq to every track in my library. How do I do that? Thank you very much .

Reply #6
yes I do want to apply the same eq to every track in my library. How do I do that?

This has been explained in this thread above. Did you try it, Gintoh?

Will I lose any quality?

This has been answered in your other thread.

Reply #7
Ok but what if I apply eq
With foobar but don't export back on iTunes, just keep it on foobar then sync it to my iPhone there,
will I still lose quality?

Reply #8
This depends on your source file format and the destination file format.

If both of them are lossless, the conversion will remain lossless. Converting from lossless to lossy, means a technical regression, but only you can know/check whether it is audible to you.

Converting from an already lossy format again to lossy makes it more likely that you will hear the decrease in sound quality.

By applying the EQ you will alter the sound in any case.