Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #6] foobar replaygain stuck at 89db?? (Read 6989 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #6] foobar replaygain stuck at 89db??

I am relatively new to foobar but am now using it to add replaygain to my flac's.  At the default setting of 89db I find it a bit low so wanted to set it to 92db instead.  I go to preferences/advanced/replaygain and set "target volume level" to 92 instead of the default 89.  I cleared replaygain info from a file and told it to scan per track gain.  It comes up with the exact same -11 value that it did the first time when it was set to 89db.  I tried it again and set the target volume to 98db, same thing, it still comes out with -11.

I have replaygain 2.2.2 and foobar 1.3.15.

Either I am missing something or changing the target volume simply has no effect at all.

Re: foobar replaygain stuck at 89db??

Reply #1
ReplayGain target level isn't adjustable as it's a standard. There are quite many threads about this that at least Google search finds instantly. A few in chronological order: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Re: foobar replaygain stuck at 89db??

Reply #2
In the replaygain page of the settings, you can add preamplification, to adjust the final loudness of replaygained files. +4 or even +6 dB should be possible with modern music, with no issues.