Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lame_dll enc.dll (Read 2913 times) previous topic - next topic

Lame_dll enc.dll

I've had to load the MP3 converter, probably, about 4 times in the past and never had any problems (although, if my memory serves me right) the Lame file had an "exe" suffix but could be wrong.

Anyway, I've tried today downloading the necessary from 3 different sites (including Sourceforge) and although (every time) the file shows it is present, if I view it, directly, via my computer, it doesn't show up if I try accessing it via Foobar.

What I mean by that, is that if I try to add it to Foobar following the instructions about locating it, using either the convert or preferences/components/install option none of them have shown up.

So, I thought I would try the drag and drop method but then received the following message (every time - 3 dll files from 3 different downloads!)

"Could not load component "lame_enc.dll": Unsupported format or corrupted file"

Am I making a basic mistake or is there a bigger problem?

Either way, if someone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated, preferably with a decent download link that will do the job.

Many thanks in advance.

Lame_dll enc.dll

Reply #3
You need the 32-bit bundle, because foobar2000 is a 32-bit application.

IIRC, after extracting the files, put the lame_enc.dll in the folder where you installed foobar2000.exe.

Lame_dll enc.dll

Reply #4
you can't use dll files. they need to be .exe files. also, you can use 64bit encoders just fine. 32/64bits doesn't matter when using command line encoders.

for foobar to pick up encoders without any extra configuration, you should browse to the program directory. now create a new folder named encoders. now place lame.exe inside this folder and it should just work without any prompts - assuming you're using the built-in lame preset.

edit: well spotted below. i missed the part where the OP was trying to install using the components dialog. 

Lame_dll enc.dll

Reply #5
foobar2000 does NOT use lame_enc.dll, it uses lame.exe. And it is not possible to install either of them via Preferences / Components / Install.

Lame_dll enc.dll

Reply #6
Thanks for the replies, they were much appreciated.

Firstly, it was good to learn that my memory wasn't playing tricks (never can tell at my age!) and that it was the exe file that I needed.

Something that was surprising, though, (but covered by Marc2003) was that Foobar seemed not to recognise the Lame.exe file until I placed it into its own folder - in the past I'm sure that the unzipped folder would open up and I could then select it from the files within it.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Many thanks again.

Lame_dll enc.dll

Reply #7
Heh, sorry, I was mixing up EAC and foobar2000. Glad you got it figured out.