Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Someone know this song? (Read 4539 times) previous topic - next topic

Someone know this song?

First of all: Hello there..   

Second: Does someone know this song here? *Click*

I tried finding the lyrics via google, but I can't get some usefull infos. So, you guys, the music-experts, are my last chance.

Thank you so much in advance.. 

Someone know this song?

Reply #1
   Uh, I think this belongs in the off topic forum.  And sorry, I can't help you.

Also, welcome to the forum.  Read the rules, sticky threads, and faq and you'll be alright.

Someone know this song?

Reply #3
Thanks to you guys.. was looking for this song so bad!

Someone know this song?

Reply #4
If you have an idea of the title, such as Come On Over, I suggest you search for the song or the albums it is on in one of the online CD shops that offers excerpts/samples for download. You can check that it's the same song and then order it if you want. Some CD shops offer only the first few tracks as excerpts, while some offer a bit of every track (but they might not have so many rare albums). If it's on more than one album, e.g. compilations, this might enable you to find it.

All Music Guide, www.allmusic.com is a fairly big database of artists, songs and albums, and they also have a link to "Buy This Album" which includes many excerpts.

Someone know this song?

Reply #5
Thanks rocketsauce for the nice try, but too bad this isn't the right song.
But thanks anyway..

And thanks go out to DickD, of course too, thanks, the site is really cool.

Maybe somebody knows this song?

Someone know this song?

Reply #6
Sounds like "Shout", but with different words.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Someone know this song?

Reply #7
Sounds like "Shout", but with different words.

Thanks, but do you know the group/singer or is this the group?

But thanks, I hope its the right one.

Someone know this song?

Reply #8
esno, 

I think that Indybrett means that your excerpt sounds like a part of  the song "Shout" by the Isley Brothers (1959).  And it does, but these guys are definitely not the Isley Brothers, and the words are completely different.  It also sounds like there are automobile revving noises in the excerpt.  As near as I can tell, the lyrics in your song go,

Heeeey...
(Hey!) What it is now?
(Hey!) What you doin?
(Hey!) Where you goin?
(Hey!) What you want?
(Hey!) Little sister,
(Hey!) Who's your brother?
(Hey!) Come on over,
(Hey!) My friend...
Come on over (Come on over)
And let's get wild now (Let's get wild now)...

I can't find these lyrics in any convenient lyrics search engine either.  But I can offer one clue as to the time frame -- assuming that I'm hearing the line,  "What it is now?" correctly, that is a very recent slang construction in English -- not more than five years old, I would guess (but a younger and hipper guy than I could give you a better estimate).

Someone know this song?

Reply #9
esno, 

I think that Indybrett means that your excerpt sounds like a part of  the song "Shout" by the Isley Brothers (1959).  And it does, but these guys are definitely not the Isley Brothers, and the words are completely different.  It also sounds like there are automobile revving noises in the excerpt.  As near as I can tell, the lyrics in your song go,

Heeeey...
(Hey!) What it is now?
(Hey!) What you doin?
(Hey!) Where you goin?
(Hey!) What you want?
(Hey!) Little sister,
(Hey!) Who's your brother?
(Hey!) Come on over,
(Hey!) My friend...
Come on over (Come on over)
And let's get wild now (Let's get wild now)...

I can't find these lyrics in any convenient lyrics search engine either.  But I can offer one clue as to the time frame -- assuming that I'm hearing the line,  "What it is now?" correctly, that is a very recent slang construction in English -- not more than five years old, I would guess (but a younger and hipper guy than I could give you a better estimate).

Jesus Christ, what a post.   

But maybe it's not even a song, maybe its something cutted for a movie, or whatever.

But thank you so much for you effort.. maybe, one day, I will find it. 

Someone know this song?

Reply #10
Second: Does someone know this song here? *Click*

Hmm... I may be mistaken, but I think it might be "Come on Over" by a mid-sixties West Texas group called Finnicum. They released one single on the "Ruff" label (#1011) - Come On Over b/w On The Road Again - in 1966, and then faded into obscurity. The Garage Compilation Database lists that song as being on the following compilaitons:

• The Best Of Texas Flashback - CD (, 1998)

• Flashback #1 - LP (Flashback, 1980)

• Texas Flashbacks #1 - CD (Music Maniac, 1997)

... unfortunately I don't have any of those, or I'd double-check and verify this. I know that one is in the rotating playlist for BEYOND THE BEAT GENERATION: Deep inside the odd sixties!!, so if you listen it might show up there.

- M.