Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Quick Playlist Change Hotkeys (Read 3396 times) previous topic - next topic

Quick Playlist Change Hotkeys

I am wanting a plugin to allow me to assign hotkeys to quick change to another playlist file I choose, and also have it so that you can make it by pressing one key to rotate a group of play lists.

Reply #1
Anyone?

Reply #2
I think Aero already did something like this, though I can't remember in which of his plugins.

Reply #3
You're right. Aero modified his foo_ufts plugin to support changing playlists with a hotkey. It's a great feature. You can get it at:
http://loodi.com/foo_ufts.zip

Reply #4
thanks

Reply #5
I think a smaller plugin that ONLY creates hotkeys for playlists would be cool too. I'm sure he could just cut out that part of the code and do it, non?

Reply #6
It's a pity you can't choose playlist directly via number keys. If you have 100 albums you've ripped from your CD collection, and created one playlist for each one, then you want to choose album 76, not scroll there. Anyway, if you use a IR remote to play MP3 from your PC, that would be a great feature. It should be something like selecting album by pressing: "number" and then "Play". Or press: "arbitrary key" then "number" then "Play" to play a song from the current selected album. As it is now you can only define single keystrokes in foobar. The playlists should be in a playlist database where you assign the numbers to them. It's practically like a CD changer.

and well one last thing, if it would be possible, make a large-font based graphical front end, so you can sit 10 meters away and still be able to read from a 15" LCD while scrolling through albums. And make it possible to search through the database using alpha numberkeys (like writing SMS using a cellular) hopefully with T9 text interpreter too.  B)  that would be a killer app!.

Just my idea for a new plugin.