Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MPC questions (Read 6183 times) previous topic - next topic

MPC questions

Hello, 

Why the format mpc is not a standardized product, all as much as the MP3, l' AAC, Plop or Ogg Vorbis?

Can we say that there are a specifications on the criterias of hold in account of a codec audio?

Thank you for advance.

MPC questions

Reply #1
wtf is plop?

anyways, musepack (mpegplus, mpc) isn't a standardized codec because (1) it has no corporate backing (2) it is unclear as to the patent situation (3) development was - until recently with 1.15{s,t,u} - completely stalled for ~2 years. (4) it hasn't found an audience except with audiophiles & hydrogenaudio community

i'm sure there are more...

recent changes will alleviate these problems tho (C port of libmusepack, BSD license, hardware support, and recent surge of development by the MDT)

later

MPC questions

Reply #2
I appreciate this codec a lot for its leaning audiophile, very cordial and very singing. 
In short.. 
Thank you for these information. 

MPC questions

Reply #3
I appreciate this codec a lot for its leaning audiophile, very cordial and very singing.

MPC is indeed very singing... in short, what are you trying to say?
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

MPC questions

Reply #4
I'm sure there must be standardization on SV7 or SV8 definitions. It's about what you mean by a standard. It surely is not enforced by a consortium but by the main developer. Yet it's standardized because you can go/read/learn the stream specifications.

Cordial codec  I don't quite understand what you mean. Do you mean it sounds heartfelt? We should add that one to the fuzzy feeling dictionary.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

MPC questions

Reply #5
it's standardized because you can go/read/learn the stream specifications.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=278642"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are there documented specifications on the MPC format? 

MPC questions

Reply #6
I meant it should have some sort of documentation somewhere. Otherwise how would MDT consider to pick up the development esp. for SV8?
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

MPC questions

Reply #7
I am sorry, for my translations in English. 
I wanted to say" WARMLY and not" CORDIAL". 
If it was possible to speak in French, I would make it. 
The antilles, it's France again. 

Thank you for your warmly welcome. 

MPC questions

Reply #8
I meant it should have some sort of documentation somewhere. Otherwise how would MDT consider to pick up the development esp. for SV8?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=278646"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From reading the source code and trying to understand it, I guess.