Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK support for OggdropXPd (Read 12345 times) previous topic - next topic

TAK support for OggdropXPd

Hello,

I love using OggdropXPd with FLAC. And now the TAK SDK is out.
So I thought maybe it is possible create a TAK Plugin for OggdropXPd or an extra compile?

I'm sure, a lot of user would like to have an easy way to transcode from lossless TAK to the lossy OGG.

Not quite sure if it's possible. Maybe you know?

Thanks in Advance!

Reply #1
I love using OggdropXPd with FLAC. And now the TAK SDK is out.
So I thought maybe it is possible create a TAK Plugin for OggdropXPd or an extra compile?

I'm sure, a lot of user would like to have an easy way to transcode from lossless TAK to the lossy OGG.

Not quite sure if it's possible. Maybe you know?

Unfortunately i don't know OggdropXPd, but if it's an windows application and only TAK-decoding functionality is needed for your purpose, the TAK library should provide anything needed.

Thomas

Reply #2
Unfortunately i don't know OggdropXPd, but if it's an windows application and only TAK-decoding functionality is needed for your purpose, the TAK library should provide anything needed.

Yes and (mostly*) yes.
It's a drag-and-drop Vorbis encoder.

*also tag reading, so unicode tags (written with eg. foobar) might be a problem

Reply #3
Well, OggDropXPd is GPL, and the TAK library is not (yet) GPL-compatible.

Then again, Monkey's Audio, LPAC and OptimFrog are supported in OggDrop, and none of these is GPL compatible either.

So, ummmm...

Reply #4
*also tag reading, so unicode tags (written with eg. foobar) might be a problem

The TAK SDK provides functions for reading APEv2 tags.

Reply #5
So now four years later, is there any TAK support for OggDrop?

Reply #6
As a previous user of OggDrop, I also was looking for a similar solution since switching to Tak for lossless storage.

I found LameXP 3.18 to directly convert Tak to Aac for Iphone listening with one-click.  It does not have a drop pad, but is very easy to use.

You can download LameXP 3.18 hotfix2 here:
http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=...700&start=8

Sadly LameXP discontinued support for Tak with version 4.0 (which has the cool drop pad mode I was originally looking for) due to lack of Unicode support (whatever that is).  LameXP 3.18 is the lastest version with Tak support.

Reply #7
due to lack of Unicode support (whatever that is).

Short description is extended alphabet to support many languages.

Reply #8
Thanks for the simple explaination Don.

I just noticed the following... 

Features of TAK DirectShow Source Filter:
- Playback TAK audio files in any DirectShow Player (Windows Media Player, MediaPlayerClassic, …)
- Now supporting TAK 2.2.0 (multi-channel audio, …)
- Support UNICODE filenames and Sample Rates > 44.1 KHz
- Now correctly works in Windows 7 64bit ! (and other 64bit Windows versions)

Perhaps MuldeR can now add TAK support to the latest LameXP.  Then TAK would have the simple drop pad convertor, and also an easy GUI for direct Apple AAC conversion (I have been using Nero AAC).