Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File Associations (0.7) (Read 3684 times) previous topic - next topic

File Associations (0.7)

Maybe I'm blind or just clueless but I can't figure out for the life of me how to make a plugin 'register' a filetype with fooassoc as an associatable filetype with foobar2000.  I don't see anything obvious in the source from plugins that are doing this correctly that I'm missing.  Other than that I've got a 0.7b13-compatible version of foo_gym pretty much ready.

File Associations (0.7)

Reply #1
Heh, fooassoc includes just huge list of file names and internal list of extensions, best solution I could think of until Peter adds real support for extension registering. While waiting for this, let me know the component name and extensions it needs and I'll add it for the program.
For anyone interested, here are the NSIS scripts for installer.

File Associations (0.7)

Reply #2
Thanks, that makes me feel better that I'm not going crazy.    Anyhoo, the component is foo_gym (could show up as just 'GYM' in fooassoc) and takes, strangely enough, .gym files.

File Associations (0.7)

Reply #3
Updated installers with bugfixed diskwriter component and added this to fooassoc at the same time.

File Associations (0.7)

Reply #4
Thanks, looks good to me.