Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fun with the spectrogram visualisation (Read 32438 times) previous topic - next topic

Fun with the spectrogram visualisation

Reply #25
I'm trying to capture Spectrogram image, then play it in Coagula.. Why it wont work?

Colour interpretation?

Reply #26
> I'm trying to capture Spectrogram image

Odd that you have problems -- the spectrum vis doesn't use a different colour depth than your dekstop (even the fullscreen isn't really fullscreen, but just a borderless window that covers everything), so hitting printscreen and pasting somewhere should work.

It works for me, anyway.

Reply #27
Well it works, but output does not match

music -> image.bmp

coagula + image.bmp != music

Reply #28
In that case there may be issues with how coagula interprets the image data. It's been a while since I last had it installed.

As far as I know, it outputs red tones to one channel, and greener ones to the other. I'm sure playing around with Coagula's options will allow you to interpret a monochrome image, and set foobar's spectrum colours to a suitable black-white gradient.

Perhaps you can even tell it to use foobar's dual-channel output, and have it split the image.

Reply #29
I've already played with monochrome, with no luck. However it was converted from full color, so maybe I better start with foobar2k settings.

Reply #30
Since 0.9.5.1, I do rather miss the ability to see noise (AKA detect transcodes).

In fact it's almost enough to drive me back a point. What I really want is an option for the old method of spectrum analysis. Is that hard to provide?