Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC, freedb, and embedding album art while ripping (Read 12850 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC, freedb, and embedding album art while ripping

After many hours of research and reading posts on this forum and others, I am now able to successfully rip my cds to mp3 and flac using EAC.  The tags in the ripped files are correct and are what I'm looking for except for the lack of album art.  I'm able to grab the covers using the freedb option included in EAC but I seem to be missing a command line or option to actually embed the picture into each individual file.  Not just create a jpg of the cover in the destination folder of the ripped album .  I see many responses in other threads telling the OP to use such programs as react, mp3tag, and others.  I can see why those programs would be necessary for files that are already ripped but are they needed for my situation as well? 

This is my mp3 command line:  -V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %source% %dest%
This is my flac command line:  -T "artist=%artist%" -T "title=%title%" -T "album=%albumtitle%" -T "date=%year%" -T "tracknumber=%tracknr%" -T "genre=%genre%" -6 %source%
BTW feel free to bash/flame my above command lines if there is something that could be changed for the better or is not necessary.  I'm clearly still learning.

I came across the following command in the EAC FAQ "%hascover%…%hascover% – Text “…” only when storing cd cover is enabled and cover exists".  Does anyone know what this actually pertains to?  Is it as simple as adding that command to what I currently have to achieve the result I'm looking for?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  I'm completely aware that I'll most likely get flamed/ignored as there are MANY other posts similar to this but don't seem to quite answer my questions.

Reply #1
For the FLAC command line:
%hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover%

Basically it means --picture="whatever.jpg" gets added to the command line only when such a file exists.

For the MP3 command line:
%hascover%--ti %coverfile%%hascover%

I found this by Googling eac hascover flac
and eac hascover +lame.

Reply #2
You sir, are my hero.  Thanks for humoring my ignorance.  Problem solved.