Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI appearance (Read 3288880 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2200
FooTube v2

Installation Instructions:
1. Download foobar2000 installer from http://www.foobar2000.org/download and install as a portable installation to C:\FooTube
2. Extract footube.rar to C:\FooTube.
Enjoy.

Video of Installation Instructions. @ Video Instructions

Video Preview of layout. @ Video Preview

All credits to the authors of the individual components.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2201
Hi everybody, sorry for the off-topic.

I have used Propheticus and derty2 code (pages 79 and 80 of this topic) for changing my Waveform Seekbar, but it doesn't seem to adjust/center automatically to the height allowed to the component.

What part of the code should I tweak so the waveform is automatically centered, whatever the height of the component ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Not sure whether you're still waiting for an answer, but I was playing around with this waveform code myself.
To properly center the waveform, change the following line:

Code: [Select]
minmaxrms.rgb -= 0.1 * minmaxrms.a;

into this:

Code: [Select]
minmaxrms.rgb -= 0.5 * minmaxrms.a;

I don't know why the factor of 0.1 was used by them.

Regards,
bas

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2202

As the component author (not the two people mentioned), they seem to have seen a numeric value and twiddled it without knowing the actual purpose.
The line in question is applying a bias to the stored values based on a flag stored in the alpha channel. A non-zero alpha means that instead of being between -1 and 1, the data is between 0 and 1. The pair of operations are intended to restore the proper range by centering it and scaling it up.

The reason why they didn't notice they'd broken actual important functionality was that in previous versions, the alpha channel was always zero unless a compatibility texture format was used on lower end hardware. In recent versions, the floating point format was removed from my code and everyone got to enjoy the sufficient precision of the lopsided formats, revealing latent bugs in broken effects.
Stay sane, exile.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2203

As the component author (not the two people mentioned), they seem to have seen a numeric value and twiddled it without knowing the actual purpose.
The line in question is applying a bias to the stored values based on a flag stored in the alpha channel. A non-zero alpha means that instead of being between -1 and 1, the data is between 0 and 1. The pair of operations are intended to restore the proper range by centering it and scaling it up.

The reason why they didn't notice they'd broken actual important functionality was that in previous versions, the alpha channel was always zero unless a compatibility texture format was used on lower end hardware. In recent versions, the floating point format was removed from my code and everyone got to enjoy the sufficient precision of the lopsided formats, revealing latent bugs in broken effects.

Thank you for your explanation, Zao. And for a great component of course.

Regards,
bas

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2204

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2208
Probably this: http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=61412

No it's this part what i want
Alphabet filtering to artists

I'm not sure but I think this is still graphical browser and the part you specify is perhaps some specific popup scripting (an option which foo_uie_graphical_browser does provide). But I've never seen it applied like that before.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2209
I'm not sure but I think this is still graphical browser and the part you specify is perhaps some specific popup scripting (an option which foo_uie_graphical_browser does provide). But I've never seen it applied like that before.

Might just be a stunted ELPlaylist. Looking at one of the configs from Devianart that uses it makes think this is what it is.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2210
Yes that seems more likely, I tested the popup option yesterday and it doesn't work. The popup doesn't allow click interaction, only display on hover.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2211
Same thing when I tested it here. Just a hover tip. On further consideration it's more likely an ESPlaylist since there's a few more library options. I just tested it and when I had it set set to follow the active playlist the graphical browser would highlight (sorted A-Z) items in the ESPlaylist which could then be clicked there and highlighted in the main playlist.

Kind of pointless for me since I use a mouse that freewheels and it's just faster to scroll the ESPlaylist to begin with. GB always seems sluggish when I use it, too.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2212
Finally removed (almost) all windows elements, fairly pointless but at least it's all blue 

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2215
I've been using Foobar for years with DUI, but inspired by MachineHead's recently posted tutorials I decided to give the ColumnsUI interface a go.

This is very much at the alpha stage as I have much functionality to add (there are no scripts via Columns UI yet).

Apart from the two Musical Spectrum displays the rest is all WSH.
Components are:
1. The Controls component (by Marc2003)
2. The Composer biography (by Marc2003)
3. WSH Coverflow (by Falstaff)
4. JSPlaylist (by Falstaff)
5. Simple Seekbar (By Marc2003)

Thanks guys!   

I've modified the various WSH scripts as required.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2216
great! is this WSH? Where can I get it?

Unlikely to share it. Mainly because it uses a lot of marc2003's scripts and he has made it clear that he doesn't want anyone to distribute his stuff. Here at least.

I've been using Foobar for years with DUI, but inspired by MachineHead's recently posted tutorials I decided to give the ColumnsUI interface a go.

I really like your colors. Nicely done.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2217
Here's a much more refined version of what I posted several days ago.

I've added more functionality and made the GUI more pleasing to the eye.

1. Added text buttons (the Composer and Artist bio's and metadata all in the on top of each other).
2. Added the stock play buttons
3. Did a lot of tinkering with the colours, fonts and various scripts etc.

I prefer foobar to be clean and simple to use and not be cluttered up with plugins and gadgets that aren't necessary.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2218
i've added a tiny splash of colour since my last screenshot... 

my first new WSH script in a while - recommendations for my last.fm user account. the artists on the left are ones you've never played before and the supposedly similar artists from your library are on the right. it can fetch 250 at once which is pretty cool.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2219

Figure out the filter trick to hide the ugly headers and scrollbars? Forces you to use the list option but still performs pretty well once you decide what's important to you.

Looks nice.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2220
i've added a tiny splash of colour since my last screenshot... 

Looking nice marc!!

my first new WSH script in a while - recommendations for my last.fm user account. the artists on the left are ones you've never played before and the supposedly similar artists from your library are on the right. it can fetch 250 at once which is pretty cool.

Can you share plz??

Is last.fm recommended radio plays the recommended artists radio or it has a separate recommended song list ??
API only has user.getRecommendedArtists

@mire777 @WilB can you include this in your scripts ??
then we can ditch the last.fm web player

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2221

Figure out the filter trick to hide the ugly headers and scrollbars? Forces you to use the list option but still performs pretty well once you decide what's important to you.

Looks nice.

No, I haven't figured the filter trick you mention. I still have several tweaks to do yet.

Thanks for the kind remarks!

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2222
Here's is what is now very close to the final version of my new Columns UI look for foobar. I've changed the colors from the two earlier versions posted above but the functionality is similar. I've also taken out the standard foobar menu's as most of the stuff in there I never use. The only part of the standard foobar GUI that has survived are the play buttons.

Hat tips and notes on resources, tutorials used:

1. WSH components by Falstaff and Marc2003
2. The nice looking new icons from Icons DB
3. These excellent tutorials at Deviant Art
4. MachineHead's well constructed tutorials (links are in another thread here at Hydrogen Audio)
5. The Palleton.com color scheme designer (thanks to MachineHead for pointing out this excellent site)
6. Google! (Remember Dr Google knows everything....) 

Without wanting to take this long thread OT I do want to say anyone relatively new to foobar shouldn't feel daunted by the learning curve. I'm not a programmer but do know enough to be able to modify the WSH code and create the numerous scripts that drive the new GUI and get things working how I want them to. Finally I use highly customized metadata suitable for classical music, without this I couldn't have got JSPlaylist to work as I want.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2223

I've tended to focus more on developing tags and working them into FB2K as opposed to making it look good...
Tag structure:
-Album Artist
-Album
-Album Title Year
-Label
-Catalog #
-Country
-Distributor
-Music Group
-Bar Code

-(p)
-CD Type
-Package
-Disc #
-Discs
-Song
-Artist
-Performer
-Ensemble
-Composer
-Producer
-Released
-Genre
-Rating
-Recorded
-Live Studio
-Venue
-First Title
-First Label
-First Cat #
-First Country
-Track Type
-Track #
-# Tracks
-Artist Type
-Conductor
-Composed
-Lead Vocals
-Vocals
-Lead Guitar
-Guitar
-Acoustic Guitar
-Banjo
-Dobro
-Dulcimer
-Mandolin
-Steel Guitar
-Piano
-Keyboards
-Vibes
-Glockenspiel
-Accordion
-Harmonica
-Bass
-Drums
-Percussion
-Baritone
-Tuba
-Trumpet
-Trombone
-Clarinet
-Flute
-Saxophone
-Horn
-Reeds
-Recorder
-Violin
-Second Violin
-Viola
-Cello
-Contra-Bass
-Harp
-Hurdy Gurdy
-Lute
-Sitar
-Ukulele
-Didgeridoo
-Sarangi
-Bagpipes
-Bells
-Turntables
-Sampled
-Remixer
-Programming
-Synthesizer
-Harpsichord
-Mellotron
-Glass Armonica
-Zither
-Chimes
-Rapping
-Whistling
-Spoken Word
-Soprano Voice
-Alto Voice
-Tenor Voice
-Baritone Voice
-Choir
-Strings
-Brass/Horns
-Jug
-Kazoo
-Jews Harp
-Washboard
-Saw
-Hot 100 Peak
-Hot 100
-Top 200 Peak
-Top 200
-Album D.R.
-D.R.
-Comment
-Lyrics
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1