Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 153756 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #700
Feature request for Utility DSP Array (foo_dsp_utility): Mid/Side balance and conversion (since @xnor hasn't been active anymore, so no x64 support for his component foo_dsp_midside)

A M/S balance is an equivalent of the Stereo Balance effect that we already have on this DSP array component, except doing in Mid/Side representation instead of usual L/R, which can change the stereo width just by adjusting the slider towards Mid-only or Side-only channels

As for the M/S conversion, my proposal is the addition of "Mid/Side conversion" effect, which can either encode (with approximately -6dB lower since doing M/S encode divides the signal by two), decode (0dB or no attenuation since it doesn't divide the signal by two), or 2-way encode/decode (divided by square root of 2, which is approximately 3dB attenuation) the audio channel to M/S or L/R representations

Of course, a downmix to side channel (instead of (L+R)/2, we can downmix channels to mono by (L-R)/2, which extracts only the out-of-phase signals for the resulting mono output) would be cool to have for Utility DSP Array component

Copy and past from one playlist to another one (FB2k for MAC)

Reply #701
Copy and past from one playlist to another one.

HI.

On FB2K for mac it would be very useful to be able to copy groups of tracks from one playlist to another, either by dragging a selected group from one playlist to another or with a contextual menu command.

For example: I search for a group of tracks in the library and then I copy that group into an existing playlist (not an automatic playlist).
Then I search for another group of tracks that match different search criteria and copy this new group into the same playlist as before.

It's such a natural thing that it's a wonder it hasn't been implemented already.

Reply #702
For example: I search for a group of tracks in the library and then I copy that group into an existing playlist (not an automatic playlist).
Then I search for another group of tracks that match different search criteria and copy this new group into the same playlist as before.
This just works by drag'n drop any selection, from any playlist, library viewer, search results list to a target playlist (here: playlist tabs) by hovering over the target playlist for a bit, then dropping the items where I want them. I can even create a new playlist by dropping them right next to the last tab. I assume the other playlist selection widgets behave similarly.

Reply #703
This just works by drag'n drop any selection...

What you say doesn't work on FB2K for mac.
In fact, I had asked for that feature for FB2K for Mac, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Reply #704
I have (hopefully) a very simple request. I would like to add a button to toggle "Reset the above when stopping" (for "Stop playback after the current track" in the Playback options screen) in the toolbar where the playback controls are located please.

Screenshot provided. This option, as a button.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #705
Just double-checked, and it's not possible to do yet. The option would need to be in the main menu or context menu I believe.

Reply #706
^ @JoeSyr - To explain a bit, in Preferences > Media Library > Library Viewer Selection Playlist > Enabled - this is the single-click option for both ReFacets and Album List. It creates / updates a "Library" playlist when you click on something. (Also enable 'Activate When Changed' to switch to this playlist automatically)

Facets (and all other third-party components) do not use this option, they use their own - the equivalent in Facets is the 'Selection action: Send to selection playlist' (where 'Selection action' = single-click, sending to a "Library" playlist)

The option you have noted is missing in both ReFacets and Album List, is 'Selection action: Send to selection playlist, keep playing playlist'. It keeps a "Library (playing)" playlist. Without that, what ends up happening is that you are over-writing the "Library" playlist with new tracks, and if it was playing at the time, you just replaced the tracks you wanted to play.

If you want to keep using ReFacets, you have to send what you want to play to a new playlist, set 'Double-click action: Send to new playlist'. Then unfortunately you have to manually start playback, because the 'Start playback when sending...' option does not work here (clearly a bug, the identical options work for Album List). Theoretically - EsPlaylist should display the "Now Playing" tracks, and you can single-click in ReFacets to continue browsing (switching to "Library" playlist) and drag tracks over. This unfortunately also means you have to manually delete the accumulated playlists afterwards.

(None of this is ideal, and the issue has been mentioned since v2 came out)

You might consider using Library Tree instead, which already does "Facets" better - though it has tons of view options that take some time to experiment with. (It also has a 'Keep playing playlist' mode)

Sorry for long delay but just wanted to say thanks for this thoughtful response!

I did end up loading the Library Tree panel script and it's working pretty great - thank you especially for highlighting the Keep Playing Playlist behavior. By following the in-program documentation to make it imitate facets (Options->Views->Button at the bottom), and setting all panels to Browser mode under Options->Behavior, I've landed on an extremely satisfactory setup. At the risk of being overdramatic, for the first time in years I feel like my FB2K setup is both up to date with development and not compromising some basic functional or aesthetic element.

Reply #708
Please set the "toolbar background" and "status background" link to the DUI background. I think it would be nicer have a identical color like font config.

Reply #709
Please set the "toolbar background" and "status background" link to the DUI background. I think it would be nicer have a identical color like font config.
+100

Reply #710
I have two suggestions related to the check for update options:

• When checking for updated components, only open the Preferences dialog when an update is available
    When the "Check for updated components" is used, it always opens the Preferences dialog.  It would be nice if the Preferences dialog were only opened when at least one component has an available update.
  • Combine "Check for new foobar2000 versions" and "Check for updated components"
    Currently there are two options to check for updates; one for the application and another for components.  It would be nice to have these two functions combined into one option to simply "Check for Updates".

If the two check for update options are combined, perhaps a new dialog would need to be created which would have the options for the user to download the updated application and another to download and update the components.

Reply #711
Just a curiosity.

HI.
I hope this post of mine doesn't seem provocative.
I would like to know if it has ever happened in the history of foobar that a suggestion posted in this thread was actually implemented.
Or at least that a post made in this thread received a response by one of the foobar developers.
Thank you.

Reply #712
I would like to know if it has ever happened in the history of foobar that a suggestion posted in this thread was actually implemented.
I'm pretty sure this thread is where wishes go to die. But it wouldn't be any better making a thread for each and every wish you have, because that would clutter up the forum, and none of the program or component developers are under any obligation to grant our wishes since they're doing this for free. The best thing you can do (barring learning to code components for yourself) would be to post any bugs you find and make suggestions in the appropriate thread for components which have relevant functionality to what you want to see.

That said, I am unable to learn to code right now due to health reasons, and I have a few wishes that seem like they would be very easy to implement if the primary developer or any component developer would like.

1. Add the "Reset the above when stopping" (for "Stop playback after the current track" in the Playback options screen) to a menu so it can be made into a visibly-active button on the toolbar.
2. Add an option to reset volume to a specific level after program restart.
3. Add Playback/Seek/Back to beginning (Main menu item) among the back by 30 seconds, etc.
4. Add Playback Order: Repeat (Album).

Aside from a few minor or major appeals regarding component functionality I have made in their respective threads, that is the entirety of my wishlist for foobar2000 now. (Though getting some abandoned 32 bit-only components to work on 64 bit foobar would be nice too, as a pipe dream...)

To be fair, these wishes are all incredibly minor, and foobar2000 is magnificently functional and useful to me, so I want to say thank you to Peter and all of the other developers. No other music player could come even close.

Reply #713
Add support for DISCNUMBER and TOTALDISCS in CUE file.

They are standard items in a cue file. Seems like it would be very quick and simple to add support.
If they are not supported, update wiki to indicate they are not.

Reply #714
great with the final release of v2.1
Now we just need album art added to Refacets, please!
PC - Teac UD-505 - Adam Audio A4V - DCA ÆON Open X
Samsung S23 Ultra 512GB - Fiio UTWS5 - TinHifi P1 Max.

Reply #715
1) When Native DSD support?
2) Real-time all to DSD convert?
3) Playback from memory?
4) Lastfm, Allmusic, wiki, musicbrainz support?

Reply #716
I wonder if there is a single DSD in the retail that isn't just lossy-converted from PCM, but anyway:
1. If you really want DSD, use WavPack. Except if it is DST or in the WSD format (did you ever see that?)
2. If you want to do that lossy operation, then I guess you can get a SoX port that can generate DSF/DFF, and then set it up as an external converter.
3. https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_ramdisk
4. Two here: https://www.foobar2000.org/components/tag/MusicBrainz , https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_enhanced_playcount

Reply #718
 Currently playlists already support ratings, and hopefully the status bar will support ratings as well.

Reply #719
A resizable Preferences windows would be nice.

Reply #720
Audio signal path like Jriver with output details (bit depth/ rate, channels, etc.) Please?

Reply #721
Hello, developer!
Let me ask you To draw your attention to different album list selection items colour which not accorded from purposive defined by colour and fonts at default Uset Interface option, which not let to get enough contrast ballance with my own defined foobar colour scheme (its always blue).
Thank you!

Reply #722
Text as Button in toolbar.
It would be nice to have an option to just using a editable string text as toolbar button instead of forcefully to use a .ico file format.
Like the "Layout Editing Mode" toolbar button.
Thank you!

Reply #723
Now foobar has Ogg chapter support (v2.2 preview) so please add context menu commands for Ogg files (Utilities -> Edit Ogg chapters... & Strip Ogg chapters...)

Reply #724
Please make the main foobar2000 window detect it wants to open using screen coordinates that are not mapped to a currently attached monitor and move to the main screen.

E.g. when the window was on an external monitor attached to a laptop, the window restores to those coordinates even if the monitor is no longer attached to the laptop.