Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: An error occurred while writing to file (Read 867 times) previous topic - next topic

An error occurred while writing to file

This is my first post on this forum. I am clearly not as knowledgeable of many of you so please be patient with me.
I have the following issue, I installed the latest version foobar2000_v1.5 with Free_Encoder_Pack-2019-08-04. Next I followed the suggestions on this page: https://captainrookie.com/how-to-convert-flac-files-to-mp3-using-foobar2000/

If I than try to convert flac files into mp3 I get the following:

Source: "C:\Users\hansw\Documents\Prive\Music\Editors - 2014 - Pinkpop\01 - Nothing.flac"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF); please re-check parameters) : "C:\Users\hansw\Documents\Prive\Music\Editors - 2014 - Pinkpop\01 - Nothing.mp3"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 6ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\encoders\lame.exe" -S --noreplaygain -b 320 - "01 - Nothing.mp3"
  Working folder: C:\Users\hansw\Documents\Prive\Music\Editors - 2014 - Pinkpop\

I tried all kinds of things but I cannot solve it. What do I miss? I have used foobar2000 for years without issues but re-installed it on a new laptop. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hans

Re: An error occurred while writing to file

Reply #1
Downmix to stereo, or use a lossy format other than MP3, which only supports mono or stereo input.