Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HTPC Fullscreen panels II (Read 145713 times) previous topic - next topic

HTPC Fullscreen panels II

Reply #50
GREAT component!!!  Just fabulous.

Is there any easy way for me to get the artist image to source pictures from Lastfm and have them scroll?
Maybe even from some other sites not unlike J River?

Thanks again. 

You have motivated me to finally stop tweaking other configs and make one of my own "Theater View" style configs from scratch.

Cheers!

Reply #51
I always had a horizontal progress indicator, but I removed it, because the you can see that the 4:3 image does not fit the 16:9 screen.

Cant you simply change the resolution on your think pad to fill your HDTV?

Reply #52
Update: WSHtpc03 v0.5

Changes to WSHtpc03 v0.1:
  • WMP-ish layout
  • Does not need artist art
  • Cool symbols (no more boring circles) for rating, mood and play count (all optional)
  • Displays much more information (album, genre, playback order) without looking crowded

Download
[attachment=6124:WSHtpc03_0.5.zip]
Installation
Copy the file bg.jpg to %Foobar2000ProfilePath%/images/WSHtpc03/bg.jpg.
(This folder is either located in c:/Users/YourName/Appdata/Roaming/foobar2000 or in the installation directory for portable version.)
Add a WSH Panel to your configuration.
Copy the contents of the text file to the panel's configuration window.
Hit Ok.

Reply #53
Update: WSHtpc03 v0.5

....snip....

Changes to WSHtpc03 v0.1:

• WMP-ish layout
  • Does not need artist art
  • Cool symbols (no more boring circles) for rating, mood and play count (all optional)
  • Displays much more information (album, genre, playback order) without looking crowded

Thank you!!! My new htpc will arrive in a few days and this will be very nice to use...

Reply #54
Small update: WSHtpc03 v0.5.1

Changes to previous version: Two bugfixes. One of a glitch with the playcount display, another resulting in a script error when listenning to an internet stream.

Download
[attachment=6133:WSHtpc03_0.5.1.zip]

Installation
Copy the file bg.jpg to %Foobar2000ProfilePath%/images/WSHtpc03/bg.jpg.
(This folder is either located in c:/Users/YourName/Appdata/Roaming/foobar2000 or in the installation directory for portable version.)
Copy the contents of the text file to the panel's configuration window.
Hit Ok.

Reply #55
The hidden playlist is just there to make keyboard shortcuts run properly. I use them to switch back and forth between different layouts (browsing and the fullscreen panels you find here).

Good day to you.

Thanks again for a wonderful component.

I am currently toggling between your full screen layout and DarkOne.  When I go from Darkone to your full screen I get a white screen with "Script Error".  A simple right click>Panel Properties>Apply fixes it.  And toggling back to Darkone is fine.  But going from DarkOne to you Fullscreen requires the reload of the WSH code. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot,
pcstockton

Reply #56
Any thoughts

After the error occured, please copy & paste the error message that appears in the foobar console (Main Menu > View > Console) here. Probably some value is not initialised correctly. Which configuration/version of my script are you using? As a first measure, you could also check whether you have copied the complete text file, not just a portion.

Reply #57
Thanks for the help!

I am using v0.2 (with the artist picture in background)

Here is my console.

FYI, if nothing is playing, there is no error switching back and forth.

Thanks again,
p

Reply #58
Fixed update of WSHtpc02 v0.3,
aka the configuration with artist background.

Changes from version 0.2
  • Ditched use of DrawRawImage which caused crash under unknown circumstances
  • Facilitated configuration: no special hardcoded way for displaying genre pictures anymore. Just adapt your album art reader to find genre specific or any other images
Installation
Copy the image files to %Foobar2000ProfilePath%/images/WSHtpc02/*.png.
Copy the contents of the included text file to the panel's configuration window.
Hit Ok.

[attachment=6155:WSHtpc02_0.3.zip]

Reply #59
thanks a lot Ojdo.  I really appreciate the help and support.

take care and have a great weekend!

Reply #60
....except now it doesn't work at all....  any thoughts?

Reply #61
The error message you uploaded occurred in the line that draws the artist image. Has this changed or is it the same error? Probably the image file the WSH panel tries to load/display causes trouble in the drawing function. In which format (jpg, png, ...) are the artist images stored? Does this happen consistently or only for certain images? When I know how to reproduce the error, I have something to work on.

Reply #62
Previously the error occurred when changing to the Full Screen panel.  A simple right click, configuration, accept/ok, fixed it.
When nothing was playing, switching to Full Screen did not produce the script error.

Now it errors constantly and nothing fixes it.

Thanks again for helping me with this!
-Patrick

Reply #63
This sounds like that the code in your WSH panel has an error. Are you sure the text was not mangled when opening/copying it? Please attach the console error message you get NOW. It probably isn't the same as before. Then, please give me more information about your "ecosystem":
  • How does the configuration for your album art reader (front and artist picture) look?
  • Where (file path scheme or embedded?) and how (filetype) are these images stored?

Reply #64
Thanks for continuing to help me!

I attached a new log for you.

I store album art as "folder.jpg" in each album folder, along with an "artist.jpg".
Everything in stored locally in the folder in which the files are found.

If there are embedded pictures I dont know anything about them.

Thanks!

Reply #65
The error message tells you the solution right away - with a little code reading:
Code: [Select]
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: AE2E474F-BCBC-446D-9A90-5CFA8ABF449F): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Object required
Ln: 112, Col: 5
<no source text available>
A quick glance to line 112 in the configuration code shows this line:
    gr.DrawImage(img_pborder[pb_order], ...
This line draws the symbol indicating the current playback order. The JScript error states that an "object [is] required" to draw. So probably the image could not be created because it was not where it should be. They should be in
C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick\Application Data\foobar2000\images\WSHtpc02\*.png

I suspect they are in the foobar installation folder at the moment. Just copy or move them to the new location.

Reply #66
AHA!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks so much.  I am heading home now to give that a shot.  I am sure that is it.

You are the best ojdo.

-Patrick

Reply #67
Still no dice....

I created the images folder in Application Data as you told me to.  Now it works like is did initially, meaning it takes a right click>configure>apply (without doing anything to the code) to make the full screen view display.

I attached the log if you dont mind taking a look.

thanks!

Reply #68
Nothing new in this log. It's the old error message stating an overflow. Please answer my questions from post #65.

Reply #69
1. How does the configuration for your album art reader (front and artist picture) look?
  2. Where (file path scheme or embedded?) and how (filetype) are these images stored?

I am not sure how to answer #1. 

#2 - File path is same as music files.  "Artist" and "Folder" jpgs in the same folder as the FLACs.

Reply #70
Concerning #1: I wanted to know if you had any special/unusual settings in Preferences > Display: Section Album Art. But as answer #2 indicates that you use "usual" jpgs with the common filenames, I'm sorry. I don't have a clue where this error could come from.

Reply #71
Cool.

Thanks for helping me as far as you could Ojdo.

I will give up on my full screen panel for now.

The strange thing is it works just fine if nothing is playing.  I can toggle back and forth indefinitely.

I will try to see tonight if the error occurs on a configuration with ONLY your full screen config.  Maybe it is something with toggling from DarkOne that causes the error.

Again, thanks for your tireless efforts.

-Patrick

Reply #72
Is there any possibility to extend this script with a lyrics/text panel without changing the columns ui layout? Or does the WSH panel doesn't have any feature like this to inset other components (like Panels UI had the possibility to)?

Reply #73
You cannot include other panels, but the WSH panel itself has sufficient capabilities to display lyrics itself. The effort depends on how fancy the display should be (scrolling, highlighting, ...).

Reply #74
This looks really great. But I have quite a noob question: Can I just install it over my current foobar or do I have to use a clean one? And is it possible then to switch between the view of your UI and the plain old foobar "view"? I have to use filters, NG Playlist and the media library to navigate through my collection and I need to keep that. However if I understand your description correct, I can only use the layout elements you suggested.
So I could maybe add it all to the WSH Panel, but how can I integrate a button or hotkey or something to open the old view or elements of it? Because I see no way of adding it all statically to your View as it would look pretty stupid then. So I image I would need to separate them and really alternate between them.
Thanks!