Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to see which I my files have tags for rating, and various itunes tags? (Read 1687 times) previous topic - next topic

How to see which I my files have tags for rating, and various itunes tags?

Hi all

I'm integrating a collection of random mp3s into my main music collection.  As part of the process, I want to remove any tags for "ratings" (I'm presuming the ratings are saved as metadata?), and also any iTunes tags such as iTunes_CDDB_IDs, iTunNORM, iTunSMPB (there may be more?).

I have foobar and Mp3tag but cannot figure out with either of them whether it's possible to add columns for these tags.  If it is, please could someone explain how?  If it isn't, any suggestions on what I can use to do this?

Many thanks

Max

Re: How to see which I my files have tags for rating, and various itunes tags?

Reply #1
Drag all files onto Mp3tag. Select all, right-click, view extended tags. Delete what you don't need.

Re: How to see which I my files have tags for rating, and various itunes tags?

Reply #2
Drag all files onto Mp3tag. Select all, right-click, view extended tags. Delete what you don't need.

That's perfect Apesbrain, thank you.  Worked great :)