Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873712 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #500
Actually there is only one real problem: that you will have to wait some seconds (in special scenarios depending by options) before the local lyric will be displayed and in some songs they are shown after the artist already has started to sing/rap his lyrics.
What comes to my mind is maybe an option to load existing local lyrics directly, continuing the specified search and to display after finishing the search the first on the top of search order – you anyway can expect that in most cases it will be local source from beginning.

My position is:
An immediate display of safed lyrics (TAG or file, synced or not synced) would be good.

My suggestion (just an idea):
When no "better" (I hate this word) lyrics are found, nothing happens. When a "better" lyric is found, then I want to decide taking the proposal over or not. Taking over only when I push "save" (from the meue). This should only happen when a lyric was safed previously. 

A dream:
What about a 3 or 5  pixel high "progress bar" at bottom of lyrics show window who shows the status of searching (or only shows that searching is on the run)?  When noting is found, the progress bar disappears. I feel very poorly when I don't know: is that thing still searching or not?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #501
@erich2

Well, direct saving of founded lyrics is actually a seperation of local list from online list because you never won’t see online lyrics as they are saved directly.

If lyrics show finds lyrics that are considered better than saved one they aren’t saved – you will have to do that manually as you wish. It’s just that you cannot see at first sight what lyrics are displayed and if online lyrics are displayed if they are also a local lyric. In that context I would like to repeat what I already suggested: full information of all that inside the ui-element. Personally I would prefer a toolbar with save, next and reload buttons and with a dropdown-list with the sources whereas the current source is displayed.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #502
@erich2
It’s just that you cannot see at first sight what lyrics are displayed and if online lyrics are displayed if they are also a local lyric.

That's the point!

Personally I would prefer a toolbar with save, next and reload buttons and with a dropdown-list with the sources ...

Agreement!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #503
I ask myself why that stupid dropdownlist which i suggested? Why not simpler: toolbar with next, save, reload buttons and with a simple textual information what source is used and a simple sign that indicates if local sources are available. That doesn't introduce new features at all (like immediate saving or seperation of local list from online one) but improves usability highly imo.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #504
@ the vern

2 bugs in actual version

1) last row won't be highlighted (found at online-search; maybe at stored lyrics too)
2) on lyric search, if i delete the artist and search for title only, no search will be done

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #505
First I'd like to give a massive thanks to The vern for developing this brilliant plugin further 

@ the vern

2 bugs in actual version

1) last row won't be highlighted (found at online-search; maybe at stored lyrics too)
2) on lyric search, if i delete the artist and search for title only, no search will be done

1) I can confirm the first bug mentioned, when syncing lyrics I have to include a blank last line at the moment.

2) Another bug that has been mentioned before in the forum is special characters in filenames. I checked the preferences page, and there under lyrics-saving preview it changes special characters to underscores (_) in the correct way, but when it should save it doesn't create any files, even when using right-click->save.

3) Lastly, when I skip to a different part of a song, a synced lyrics display only shows the correct part when it starts changing to the next line. For example: I start a song but skip to 2:15. Let's say line 34 starts at [02:13.45] and line 35 is [02:20.56]. After the skip to 2:15, I hear the line 34 lyrics, but the lyrics of line 1 is still displayed until the transition to line 35 occurs, after which line 35 is displayed correctly. In other words, the lyric display isn't refreshed after jumping around inside a track.

Thank you very much for your efforts!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #506
Got weird answer from lyrics.mirkforce.net for Dillinger Escape Plan - Weekend Sex Change. The song is instrumental.

Weblyrics.duble.com Advertisements at Dillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyrics All Calculating Infinity album lyricsDillinger Escape Plan 4th Grade Dropout lyricsDillinger Escape Plan Calculating Infinity lyricsDillinger Escape Plan Clip The Apex Accept Instruction lyricsDillinger Escape Plan Jim Fear lyricsDillinger Escape Plan Sugar Coated Sour lyricsDillinger Escape Plan The Running Board lyricsDillinger Escape Plan Variations On A Cocktail Dress lyricsDillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyrics ToolsBuy Dillinger Escape Plan stuffBookmark this pageTell a friendLink to this page Lyrics > Dillinger Escape Plan lyrics > Dillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyricsDillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyrics [instrumental]
Dillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyrics Advertisements at Dillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyrics Dillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyrics
Dillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyrics is the property and copyright of Dillinger Escape Plan.
Dillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyrics provided for educational purposes and personal use only.
You are now at Dillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyrics page of Lyrics site
Ringtones - Polyphonic ringtones - Monophonic ringtones - Lyrics - Animal Pictures Photos Pics - Celebrity Pictures Photos Pics - Tattoo Pictures Photos Pics - Free Wallpapers Dillinger Escape Plan Weekend Sex Change lyrics at Duble Network

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #507
Hello,

I really like this plugin, but there is one thing I can't find out.
I've clicked every button in the plugin's menu, but I can't find where to change the font colours.
All text is black, the current line included and it's harder to follow the lyrics that way.
I tried foo_uie_lyrics2 and there I have a color option which works but it doesn't find all the lyrics unlike foo_uie_lyrics3 which finds (almost) everything.
Did I looked to fast and missed this option or isn't it available yet?

Thank you in advance,

Culinax

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #508
There are two preference, one for the component itself and one for any panel you may have in your configuration. Bring up the context menu in your panel.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #509
That did the trick, thank you very much.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #510
Got weird answer from lyrics.mirkforce.net for Dillinger Escape Plan - Weekend Sex Change.
That was most probably auto-fetched the first time someone searched for that song through foo_lyricsdb plugin.

I removed it: let's hope it won't reappear when/if somebody else search it again.

Alessandro

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #511
thanks for this greatl plugin

one question

to install minilyrics in the lyric searching, i load the needed "mlp_foolyr3.dll"
but i know not in which folder to put the dll..

thanks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #512
If you're installing the plugin through preferences: You need to select the Minilyrics installation directory. Normally this is C:\Program Files\Minilyrics.

If you're copying the file from elsewhere it needs to go in C:\Program Files\Minilyrics\Plugins

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #513
hi vern

thanks.....i got it...

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #514
I am sure its only me being stupid, but how do i use this plugin to download lyrics? There is no option for it if i just right click. I can open the "lyrics show" panel, there i can right click on the panel, but "lyrics search" is greyed out. If i select i file, it gets deselected when i click on the "lyrics show" panel.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #515
most people have the panel permanently in their configuration. Nevertheless, have you tried playing a file? It searches the now playing track. If that does not work for you, there are multiple settings in preferences and we will need more information from you.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #516
@ATWindsor
Is the track playing? If playback is stopped lyric search on the right click menu is greyed out. If foobar2000 is playing, lyric searching and downloading is normally automatic according to the settings in preferences, plus the right click lyric search menu item is available.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #517
is there anyway to speed up searching of lyrics for a song? It takes about 10-15 seconds for it to find the song. I'm using the default search order.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #518
@ATWindsor
Is the track playing? If playback is stopped lyric search on the right click menu is greyed out. If foobar2000 is playing, lyric searching and downloading is normally automatic according to the settings in preferences, plus the right click lyric search menu item is available.

Ah, ok, thank you very much. I was planning to do a batch download of lyrics to tag them, that is select a good deal of songs, and download lyrics for them. This is not possible with this plugin?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #519
You can reduce the search time by removing some of the search sources in preferences.

You can't batch download lyrics at the moment.

HTH

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #520
Thanks for helpful replies. Are there any current plugins for fb2k that supports batch-downloading? (ideally also of synced lyrics)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #521
My lyrics files are saved in the same folder/filenames as the music files.  I can get the component to save new lyrics easily enough by using "%_filename" for the Save name.  But I haven't found a way to get it to load them.  The other things people have suggested in this thread don't seem to work.  Is this still unimplemented?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #522
I don't know of any plugins that will batch download timestamped lyrics. You can use foo_preview with this component to achieve something similar.  You could also write a very simple WSH panel script which plays the next track when the lyric is found (signified by %lyric_exists%). Something like:

Code: [Select]
function on_playback_time( time )
{
     //Check if lyric has been found
     if( fb.TitleFormat( "%lyric_exists%" ).Eval() )
          fb.Next();

//Check if the search has finished with no lyric found
     //You may need to increase the time depending on how many search sources you use and the timeout value you've set
     if( time > 15 )
          fb.Next();
}

@dkg:
Yes, you can't do that at the moment. I'll do something about this in the next release.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #524
I don't know of any plugins that will batch download timestamped lyrics. You can use foo_preview with this component to achieve something similar.  You could also write a very simple WSH panel script which plays the next track when the lyric is found (signified by %lyric_exists%). Something like:

Code: [Select]
function on_playback_time( time )
{
     //Check if lyric has been found
     if( fb.TitleFormat( "%lyric_exists%" ).Eval() )
          fb.Next();

//Check if the search has finished with no lyric found
     //You may need to increase the time depending on how many search sources you use and the timeout value you've set
     if( time > 15 )
          fb.Next();
}

@dkg:
Yes, you can't do that at the moment. I'll do something about this in the next release.

THanks a lot for that tip. Unfortunately I am not so skilled in this, the WSH panel thing seems to be a plugin, I have installed this pluging, but how do i access the script editor? I can't find it anywhere?