Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does WavPack supports raw pcm input? (Read 3946 times) previous topic - next topic

Does WavPack supports raw pcm input?

I'm just going to integrate WavPack support in my batch transcoding tool, but I found it is not likely to eat raw pcm data (the reason why I need this is that the length of input data is not always known at the beginning of transcoding), is this true and any solution?

Reply #1
I'm just going to integrate WavPack support in my batch transcoding tool, but I found it is not likely to eat raw pcm data (the reason why I need this is that the length of input data is not always known at the beginning of transcoding), is this true and any solution?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330973"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi. Thanks for adding WavPack support to your tool!

There is no "raw" mode for the WavPack encoder. However, I think there is an easy work-around. Just start the data with a wav header, but don't worry about the length. Then, add the -i option to the command line to have WavPack ignore the lengths in the header. It will then take as many samples as you give it.

The only possible problem with this method is that you cannot use -i if the output (for the WavPack file) is also a pipe (because WavPack must seek back to the beginning when finished to fixup the file).

Hope this works...

Reply #3
Just done with the integration. Now MEnc can rip CD and transcode from other formats (e.g. FLAC) to WavPack. 

A screenshot:

Reply #4
Hi Optimus. Thanks again for including WavPack support in your app; it looks really nice! I have been too busy to try it out yet, but I will soon.