Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist's songs sorted by insertion date ? (Read 1115 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist's songs sorted by insertion date ?

Hello,

Is there a mean to have a playlist sorted by insertion date of songs ?

Regards.

Re: Playlist's songs sorted by insertion date ?

Reply #1
foobar2000 doesn't keep track when a song is inserted into a particular playlist. But with Playback Statistics component it tracks when they appear in playlist. If that is suitable you can sort by %added%.

Reply #2
Hi Case,

Just installed it. I'll give it a try.
However it seems more linked to Media Library than playlists.

Reply #3
Hi,

It doesn't fit the requirement...
It would be nice if the plugin tracked playlist's insertion date or the feature existed natively.
Maybe, an update sequence number (usn) per playlist would be sufficient, instead of a date.

Regards.

Reply #4
Is there currently a music player that features sorting by the date added to a playlist? Haven't seen it before so curious if it's behavior you've seen elsewhere that you're looking to reproduce or a general feature request.

Reply #5
Just noticed my fingers typed something else than what I was thinking. The second "playlist" word was meant to be "Media Library".

Note that if you are dealing with regular playlists (not autoplaylists) and add files in them without specifically inserting them in the middle somewhere, they are added to the end and thus are in chronological order.

Reply #6
Hi Case,

You're right.
However if you, for example, sort after by artist or title, and few days later want to come back to the "initial" insertion order you can't.

@Coreda : as FB2K matches quite all my requirements, I don't use any other player at all.
However, it's a pity that a player with this level of maturity lacks some features like the one we speak about, or volume balance control.

Regards.