Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI: Format/Bitrate Column (Read 9160 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI: Format/Bitrate Column

Hey guys,

I'm using columns ui. And I was wondering if there was any way to get a format/bitrate column to appear? This is how my columns look like:

As you can see on the column that has artist, title, album, etc, there is not a column that will tell me the format and bitrate of each song. I know it tells you this in the status bar, but a column for it would be nice. And when I right-click on the columns themselves there's no option for a format or bitrate column.

I know under the Default User Interface you can get this to appear. But is there a way to get them to appear under ColumnsUI?

Thanks for any help.

Reply #1
Right click the columns bar, choose "Edit this column".
Now you see a list of columns and you are free to add new ones (and move them).
Read the Title Formatting Reference to get the desired variables which you'll fill in the Scripts > Display field of your column(s) (to fully understand it study the entries which are already there).

Reply #2
Thank you herojoker. I appreciate the response.

And yeah, I've tried this Edit This Column option before, but nothing would show up in the actual column. So I was obviously doing something wrong. Hopefully the Title Formatting Reference link that you gave me will help me out.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Ha! That certainly did it. I now have the bitrates being displayed by using the %bitrate% under Scripts, and samething with the format with the %codec%. How simple. I thought I was going to need a specific theme or something to get these to appear.

Thank you again for the help.

Reply #3
I am using something like this:

Code: [Select]
%codec% 

$if($stricmp(%__encoding%,lossy),
// lossy codecs

$puts(BITRATE,%__bitrate%)
// change colors to show quality "visually"
$ifgreater($get(BITRATE),170,
$rgb(0,175,0),$ifgreater($get(BITRATE),130,$rgb(150,150,50),$rgb(175,75,50))) %__bitrate%kbit

// Add MP3 aditional info
$if(%__codec_profile%,$abbr(%__codec_profile%) /
$upper($abbr(%__MP3_STEREO_MODE%)))

//Lossless
$muldiv(%__bitrate%,1000,
$div($mul(%__samplerate%,%__bitspersample%,%__channels%),100))'%' compr.
)

Re: Columns UI: Format/Bitrate Column

Reply #4
I am using something like this:

Code: [Select]
%codec% 

$if($stricmp(%__encoding%,lossy),
// lossy codecs

$puts(BITRATE,%__bitrate%)
// change colors to show quality "visually"
$ifgreater($get(BITRATE),170,
$rgb(0,175,0),$ifgreater($get(BITRATE),130,$rgb(150,150,50),$rgb(175,75,50))) %__bitrate%kbit

// Add MP3 aditional info
$if(%__codec_profile%,$abbr(%__codec_profile%) /
$upper($abbr(%__MP3_STEREO_MODE%)))

//Lossless
$muldiv(%__bitrate%,1000,
$div($mul(%__samplerate%,%__bitspersample%,%__channels%),100))'%' compr.
)

I know this is really old but thanks for posting this, I really like this script!