Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491629 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1125
Hello @3dyd,

A bug report & a feature request

BUG REPORT:

foobar2000 version: 1.4.6 (portable)
foo_youtube_3.1.1.fb2k-component
ISSUE: Non-Windows-default(%temp%) Temporary directories are not accepted as caching locations

Steps to replicate -

1. Goto Library>Configure>Tools>Youtube Source>Network>Main>Temporary Directory
2. Add a different directory such as C:\foocache\
3. Click OK
4. Add a youtube URL File>Youtube Source>Add Multiple URLs... and play it.
5. Notice that 3dyd still uses %temp% folder to download all the audio data. The file %temp%\3dyd-something-something keeps getting created and gets larger.
6. Restart foobar2000 just to ensure new setting takes effect.
7. Play a youtube URL.
8. Notice that 3dyd still uses %temp% folder to download all the audio data. The file %temp\3dyd-something-something still keeps getting created and gets larger.

Workaround -
The only workaround I know is to open foobar2000 using the following batch script so any and all temping that foobar200 does is done only using the specified directory in the batch script.

mkdir Y:\foocache\TEMP
mkdir Y:\foocache\TMP
set TEMP=Y:\foocache\TEMP
set TMP=Y:\foocache\TMP
start "" "<path_to_foobar2000_folder>\foobar2000.exe"
exit

FEATURE REQUEST-

I use RAMDISKs in windows. Not the component foo_ramdisk. But a 3rd party ramdisk software. I like to minimize writes to disk as much as possible. So I use the workaround above to cache all the raw audio data it to my ramdisk volume.
Ideally what I'd like is an option that allows for EVERYTHING(the raw audio data as well as metadata) to be cached directly in RAM in the foobar2000.exe process itself a la mpv.
Also because I don't want the data permanently stored on my computer however small it may be. I'd rather it be retrieved once more when required.
If not the all the metadata, then at least the raw audio data.

Thank you reading 3dyd, it's a wonderful extension regardless. :)

Reply #1126
@gr8cx
When opening http(s) location foobar2000 first accesses it by itself (at least to get content type by which then decoder gets selected). Error occurs on this stage, i.e. component does not receive URL.
You can add www.youtube.com to preferences "Advanced -> Networking -> Suppress HTTPS certificate checks". Alternative is to prepend URL with "fy+" string (so it will be "fy+https://www.youtube.com/..."). This way URL goes directly to the component.

@Sergey77
First issue is fixed in 3.1.2.
The second one is postponed for better time, I had no luck reproducing it yet.

@grup
Not working "Temporary directory" option has been fixed in 3.1.2.
You also can configure directory for metadata and thumbnails cache in component preferences tab "Metadata".

Reply #1127
Thank you @3dyd for the fix.

@grup
You also can configure directory for metadata and thumbnails cache in component preferences tab "Metadata".

Yes I was aware of this. I wasn't clear on that in my last post especially since that I didn't have any problems regarding it at the time. But I did manage to find a bug on it now.

BUG REPORT:

foobar2000 version: 1.4.6 (portable)
foo_youtube_3.1.2.fb2k-component

ISSUE: Root directories such as Y:\ are not being accepted as valid "metadata" and "album art" caching locations.

Steps to replicate -

The metadata cache problem:
1. Goto Library>Configure>Tools>Youtube Source>Metadata>Metadata>Cache Directory
2. Set it to C:\ or D:\
4. Click OK
5. Add a youtube URL in File>Youtube Source>Add Multiple URLs...
6. Notice that nothing gets added to the playlist.

The album art cache problem:
1. Goto Library>Configure>Tools>Youtube Source>Metadata>Metadata>Cache Directory
2. Set it to a proper directory(non-root) inside the root volume such as C:\foocache\
3. In the album art section below, set the "Cache Directory" to a root volume such as C:\ or D:\
4. Click OK
5. Add a youtube URL in File>Youtube Source>Add Multiple URLs...
6. Notice that this time the URL is added to the playlist but no album art(URL thumbnail) is generated from the URL.
------------------
What is not affected -
Youtube Source>Network>Main>Temporary Directory
perfectly accepts root directories such as Y:\ as valid caching locations.

Reply #1128
Thank you for the report. Fixed in 3.2 beta 1.

Reply #1129
Hi, I noticed that URL analysis seems to be broken. Using the latest beta, some URLs that were previously supported are now not being processed at all by the component, even if Analyze URLs from unsupported sites is checked or the fy+ scheme is used. Example URL: https://soundcloud.com/lasse-rni/. This URL was previously processed by the component, but now I can't seem to get it to work. In addition, some streams that the component can't support but that are supported by foobar2000 are being processed, causing very large delays when trying to play them.

Reply #1130
Thank you for noticing. URL analysis was fixed in beta 2.

Regarding to second problem. I guess it happens when "Analyze URLs from unsupported sites" is turned on. I am yet unsure whether it worth keeping this option, but anyway you can just turn it off (what is its default state) and re-add these streams.

Reply #1131
@3dyd this plugin is amazing. Thank you so much. Is there a possibility of having an option to have a simple dissolve between videos?

Reply #1132
hmm.... Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: all formats ignored due to preferences of the component):
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01B2RCyaAoE"

but i don't open youtube preferences and nothing do not changed
i watch video same as always and this error appears

Reply #1134
I have encountered an Error when using this plugin. This just started occurring today for no apparent reason. (See attached screenshot). Hope someone has an answer to fix this as I use this feature as much as my files and media for music.
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #1135
Same problem here, probably there were some changes on  YT, we have to wait for new/updated plugin version. I've reported this problem to 3DYD.

Reply #1136
I've reported it, too. By the way, to easily report the error, play a URL from YT within foobar, then go to Help>Youtube Source>Report with log>select the URL that comes with errors/warnings.

Reply #1137
They all come up with errors, take you pick.
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #1138
Thanks for the reports. Error occurrs due to change on Youtube. I am working on the fix.

Is there a possibility of having an option to have a simple dissolve between videos?
Currently this is not possible.

Reply #1139
Kodi (www.kodi.tv) has the same problem with the latest YT v6.5.1 plugin - "no streams found". I guess all YT plugins for all applications need updating :)

Reply #1140
@3dyd Thanks for taking the time to fix it. Also, your plugin is amazing :)

Reply #1141
Oooops... https://fy.3dyd.com is down... :(

YT plugin for Kodi is updated and it works.

Reply #1142
And it's back :)
Beta 3 version is released and it works fine.

Reply #1143
THANK YOU  👍😊😊😊😊😊
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #1144
Hi there!
@3dyd,
I note the following:
- the font color in the search box does not look readable (see search.jpg for the inscription: "Type a search query and press Enter"). It would be nice to have an option like "copy color from UI"
- also the feature “copy color from UI” would be useful for the settings of the Video window (especially true when choosing themes). The color of the Background and the font of Fallback Text remains constant when changing the theme and it must be changed manually
- it would be great to add for the foo_acfu component "Manage Embedded Sources" also for the ffmpeg decoder.
Please consider this. Thanks!

Reply #1145
What a sick component. Thanks for all your hard work on it. Question though @3dyd. While trying to listen to a live youtube channel music stream, there are lots of 1-2 seconds skips that aren't experienced when watching the same video on youtube directly. Is this a known issue or are there any work around for it? Or anyway to greatly lengthen a network buffer or something?

I tried searching this whole thread for related terms so I hopefully I didn't miss something already established. I've tried installing LAV filter and showing video, tried synchronizing the video, tried forcing to an external youtube-dl, tried anything I can think of. Again, this behavior does not occur with non-live video, just live video.

Thanks again!

Reply #1147
- the font color in the search box does not look readable
Fixed in last beta.
- also the feature “copy color from UI” would be useful for the settings of the Video window (especially true when choosing themes). The color of the Background and the font of Fallback Text remains constant when changing the theme and it must be changed manually
Made video UIE using theme colors by default.
- it would be great to add for the foo_acfu component "Manage Embedded Sources" also for the ffmpeg decoder.
Ffmpeg project encourages using development branch. It is updated several times per day. If you would use builds from Zeranoe (and I am not aware of any other maintainers of ffmpeg builds for Windows), they are updated almost on daily basis. Therefore it is not reasonable to add foo_acfu source for ffmpeg. However a 'managed' source for it in the component (without checking for updates) makes sense and may be added later.

While trying to listen to a live youtube channel music stream, there are lots of 1-2 seconds skips that aren't experienced when watching the same video on youtube directly. Is this a known issue or are there any work around for it? Or anyway to greatly lengthen a network buffer or something?
If increasing buffer length (preferences Playback -> Output) to 5-10 seconds does not help, try ffmpeg for HLS decoding (the easiest way is to select in "Audio -> Decoder" any variant starting with "ffmpeg"). ffmpeg must be from LAV Filters or Zeranoe.

I noticed that showing upload dates appears to be broken in some videos, even though they display upload dates on the site. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbr9Jq3xK5U.
Fixed in last beta.

Reply #1148
@3dyd Just one more question, it's more of a bug actually.

If I have "crossfader" turned on in the DSP chain, at the point where the video where the buffer setting is reached (in my case 16 seconds of buffer, so with 16 seconds left in the video), the video speeds up but the audio stays on point, knocking the A/V sync off. I'd rather not get rid of the buffer. Any other ways to work this out? Thank you!!

Reply #1149
Interesting.

When doing crossfade, need to decide what to do with extra playback time. 16 seconds of crossfade means it takes 16 seconds from the end of prev track + 16 seconds from the beginning of next track, i.e. 32 seconds of playback time in total, and transforms them to 16 seconds of audio data. So there are 16 seconds left that must be gone.

As I understand, Crossfade DSP places 'end-of-track' mark in the middle of these 16 seconds of audio data, effectively doubling playback speed for these 16 seconds. Take a look at playback time during these 16 seconds. It goes 2x faster.

From playback point of view it looks like last 16 seconds of prev track are played 2x faster, then starts new track, then its first 16 seconds are also played 2x faster. Video playback is bound to audio playback time, so video is also played 2x faster during this period.

Component cannot do crossfade for video. And even if it could, there is no reliable way to determine whether playback speed difference comes from Crossfade or from some other DSP e.g. Tempo Shift.

foobar2000 actually has alternative approach for crossfade. It turns out that 'Fade out' option in output device configuration implies crossing (note though that existence of 'Fading' options group depends on output device). With the same values in 'Fade in' and 'Fade out' for 'Automatic track change' you'll get the same result as with Crossfade DSP (but Fade is limited to 10 seconds at max unfortunately).

Important point here is how it deals with extra playback time. From playback point of view it 'skips' last 16 seconds of previous track and starts next track at normal speed (and first 16 seconds are cross-faded). So video of previous track stops 16 seconds before its end, and video of next track is played with usual speed and synced to new track.

If this approach looks better to you, you can try your luck asking Peter using it in Crossfade DSP (as an option or permanently). Or use Fading from output device (if you use device which supports it).