Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar is Randomly Changing My File Tags (Read 1193 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar is Randomly Changing My File Tags

Hey everyone, looking for some help with an issue I've been having.

Every once in a while when I check file tags, they've been randomly changed. It usually seems to be the same set of mp3's and usually the same tag that is changed. I use Quick Tagger for a custom field for a score on a scale of 1-10, and occasionally a bunch of mp3's will have their rating changed to the letter "c" instead of the score I gave it. Also, mp3's change genre and lose their replay gain values for no apparent reason. I don't know when or why it happens but it's driving me insane. I've tried a few different things... tried removing Quick Tagger, tried editing the tags to values that I want them to, clearing the library, then adding everything back in... it still happens. I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

Any help much appreciated.

Reply #1
Are you sure the culprit is foobar2000?

Following the rules of this subforum and accordingly providing details such as your versions of foobar2000 and Windows, your installed components, etc. could help to elucidate this situation. Please do so.

Reply #3
Twice that link’s been posted now! oceanicblack can’t possibly miss it.