Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.9.x CDDA playback fails after ~30 seconds (Read 1817 times) previous topic - next topic

0.9.x CDDA playback fails after ~30 seconds

fb2k 0.8.x CDDA playback worked fine here.

0.9.x [currently 0.9.3.1] plays back CDDA for about 30 seconds, then pauses for a second, resumes for a second, and continues repeating that cycle.

It is acting like it has a buffering problem or something.  Wherever a track is started, it will play for the same length of time then start the slow stuttering. 

I have 3 optical drives and they all do this.  CDDA playback in other software [incluing fb2k 0.8.x] still works perfectly fine. 

Ripping+converting CDs within fb2k 0.9.x works perfectly fine.

Playback of all the other formats I use works perfectly fine [including mp3, m4a, ogg, musepack, flac, wavpack, shorten, DTS, AC3, WAV, and WMA - lossless formats at bitdepths up to 24-bit].

Any ideas?

Reply #1
well, I have a similar problem
after one minute my CD playback also stutters.
The problem was the computing of the FOOID audio fingerprint (if the CD has all required tags - artist, title, album)
After disabling this option in the configuration everything works fine and the submission to foosic is successfull (foo_sic 1.0beta7)

//edit:
After updating my foo_sic version to 1.0beta11 I get (doesnt matter if fingerprint computing is activated)
Code: [Select]
Submitting item to foosic
"cdda://0198FA04,05"
Invalid path

...no submission and playback continues

Reply #2
well, I have a similar problem
after one minute my CD playback also stutters.
The problem was the computing of the FOOID audio fingerprint (if the CD has all required tags - artist, title, album)
After disabling this option in the configuration everything works fine and the submission to foosic is successfull (foo_sic 1.0beta7)

//edit:
After updating my foo_sic version to 1.0beta11 I get (doesnt matter if fingerprint computing is activated)
Code: [Select]
Submitting item to foosic
"cdda://0198FA04,05"
Invalid path

...no submission and playback continues

Thank you.  I'll try updating my foosic plugin and see how it goes.

//edit:
Excellent!  Updating the plugin fixed the problem.  Thanks so much.