Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File Operations - Moving files based on a field with multiple values (Read 578 times) previous topic - next topic

File Operations - Moving files based on a field with multiple values

Once again I am turning to this community for some much needed syntax help.  You guys are so much better at this than I am.  :-[

My genre tags all have multiple values, separated by a semicolon.  I would like to use File Operations to move albums into folders based on the first genre listed in this multiple value field. 

Right now I'm using the below line:
[%genre%]\[%album%] [$cut($year(%date%),4)] - [%codec% $if2(%codec_profile%,' ')]\%discnumber%.%tracknumber% %title% - %artist%
... however this results in creating folders with 2 or 3 genre names, for example G:\Comps\World, Folk\Albumtitle...

Is there a way to have it just use the first genre listed?

Many thanks!

Re: File Operations - Moving files based on a field with multiple values

Reply #2
Brilliant, snotlicker.  Thank you!